Chapter 7

Yesterday was my first time not sleeping underwater. It was quite uncomfortable. Not only is it more loud on land, but also I am still not use to my legs yet.

I dragged myself out of bed and saw some black leggings and a white hoodie on my dresser. I assumed Jasmin picked that out for me.

I didn't think I would be going to school on land when I first got here. I have never put on human clothes before, but it was pretty easy. I guess I like human clothes now.

I was not looking forward to go to the bathroom since thats where all of the possessed stuff happens, but I have no choice.

As I was walking down the hall to the bathroom. I wondered, what if I told Jasmin about my dead mom. She probably already knows. My stepmother tells everyone. The only thing that I only know is about the talking to self mirror things.

I brushed my teeth as quick as I could. I combed my tangled curly hair and put it in into a low ponytail. The ghost didn't appear today in the bathroom, that was weird.

I left the bathroom and I smelled something from downstairs. I wonder what Jasmin made. It'll probably taste like plastic again.

I dragged myself down the steps and saw Jasmin smiling sitting at the dining room table.

"Come sit." said Jasmin smiling as she pointed to the chair across from her.

I sat down. She made breakfast again. It was waffles and bacon. Which we do have underwater.

"I made something your familer with." She said.

I took a bite of the waffles, they were quite good.

"It tastes different then the ones underwater." I said.

"Is it okay?" She questioned.

"Yes its fine, good job on not making plastic." I grinned.

I finished in the food in around 10 minutes as I was about to get up. Jasmin said, "Sat back down, we need to talk about somethings."

I sat back down, weirdly I was quite nervous for what she was going to say.

"First of all you have a new name." She said.

"What is it?" I asked confused.

I don't get why I can't keep my own name.

"Your new name is Naomi Brown." said Jasmin.

"What type of last name is Brown!?" I shouted.

"Your mom told me you didn't have many friends at school, so think of this as a new start." She said.

"I don't need friends." I lied.

"Whatever, go to your bus stop. The bus is coming in 5 minutes." said Jasmin.

I grabbed my white backpack and walked out of the house heading to my bus stop. I didn't know where it was, but I saw students around my age a few feet(meters) away.

They were talking and laughing with each other. I tried not to be that close to them. Hopefully they wouldn't notice me.

Moments later, the school bus arrived. I stepped onto it and sat all the way in the back by myself. I assumed this was the last stop because the bus was pretty full and loud. The bus began to move.

This is my first time ever taking a bus to school. We do have busses underwater, but I have always taken a car with a guard. Its kind of weird. I feel more free without a driver.

I hope this day goes well. I do want to make friends, even just one. No one here knows about my past or that I'm possessed. Plus, I think people on land are less judgemental.