Chapter 5

I gasped almost as if my breath was taken away from me. My heart began to race and my breathing came back. The only difference was that it was heavy and fast. I tried to speak, but the words wouldn't come out. I panicked silently until a small squeak came out of my mouth. That's when I realized I could talk again. I screamed as loud as I could probably waking up everyone in the castle. Nerissa busted in my room with a panicked look.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm fine it was just a bad dream." I sighed.

"You seemed scared." She said.

"Obviously I was scared, I screamed," I said rolling my eyes.

"I have to get ready so bye." She said and before I could say anything she left.

That was weird. I don't get why all of the sudden my sister cares about me. It's been like this for a few days. Maybe I am starting to like her.

I dragged myself out of bed and swam to my bathroom. Where I began to brush my hair.

I stopped.

Something was off today. Almost as if I was dreaming. I slapped myself hard.

"Yeah, I'm not dreaming," I said in pain with a red mark on my cheek.

I jumped. I saw a grey figure in the mirror. I turned around expecting to see someone. No one was there. I was alone.

"Ondine...look over here." whispered a voice.

Chills went through my spine. Who could that possibly be talking?

"Who's there..?" I asked stuttering in panic.

"You here, look at the mirror." whispered the voice.

I looked straight at the mirror only to see myself in it.

"Who are you..?" I asked shaking in fear.

"I'm you." the voice whispered.

That's when I realized, I was the one talking. My eye widens and I dropped my hairbrush out of my hand.

"Why am I talking to myself?" I asked.

"You're not exactly talking to yourself." The voice whispered back.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I questioned in fear.

"I am a different person, but in the same body like you." The voice whispered.

"No way this is real I-" I insisted.

"Shush, now listen. Remember to pack a knife today. You'll need it." whispered the voice.

"Yeah, whatever. Shut up." I said rolling my eyes.

I left the bathroom with unbrushed hair. I just tied it up into a high ponytail and left.

I am still confused about what just happened. Then it came to me. Is this the ghost everyone keeps saying I am possessed by? That wouldn't make sense, at least I don't think it would. Why would I need a knife today, that makes no sense whatsoever?

I tried to ignore my thoughts. I didn't want to keep thinking about whatever just happened.

I swam to the dining room. My parents were staring at me with annoyed and angry faces.

"What's with the face?" I questioned.

"Your late." sighed my mom.

"Five minutes late to be exact." added my dad.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"It's not such a big deal you know," I said as I say down in my chair.