Chapter 8

The bell rang, I was the last one out of my art class.

Art is way different on land. Probably the best class today. Everyone has been so welcoming and kind to me. Honestly, I don't know why. The only thing I dislike is that on land we get homework. I've never gotten homework. Homework is not a thing underwater.

I walked to my locker and realized I forgot to pack my lunch. Fortunately for me, lunch was free here.

I walked down the halls and saw those two girls from earlier. They smiled at me and waved. I waved back and I still wonder. Why would they want to hang out with me?

I observed them during my other class and it seemed like they were pretty popular girls. Why would they want to talk to a awkward, introvert like me.

I arrived at the crowded lunchroom. It didn't seem as divided as the lunchroom underwater. Students sat with whoever they wanted too. At my old school people only sat with people based on reputation, clubs, and there race.

I waited in the lunchroom line. When I got to the front I was surprised. On land they actually gave you several options to pick from. I decided to pick the tray with the salad, apple, chips, and grape juice.

"New girl over here!" shouted Bianca.

She was sitting all the way in the back with Camilla. I could feel all eyes on me when I was slowly walking to the back.

I put my tray on the table and sat down.

"Whats your name again?" asked Camila.

"Naomi." I said quietly.

I took a bite of my salad. Which was disgusting and way to much dressing was on it.

"You know that girl that you were partners with in first period." said Camila.

"That Leah girl," added Bianca.

They took a bite of their food and glanced over at Leah.

"Yeah, what about her?" I questioned.

"Shes kind of weird and rude." said Bianca.

"She was nice to me though." I said confused kind of not believing them.

"Shes pretends to be nice to others, but in reality shes one of the rudest people you'll ever met." said Bianca.

"No wonder she's sitting alone." added Camila.

They both laughed, I was a bit uncomfortable with the situation. I hate not knowing anything.

I just tried to keep eating my food, but I couldn't focus. They just keep laughing and whispering at each other.

"Why aren't you laughing?" questioned Bianca rasing a eyebrow.

"Uh I don't know.." I sighed.

"We are just telling you to stay away from her." said Camila.

"Shes bad news." added Bianca.

They began to laugh again.

"I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, but do you have proof that this Leah girl is mean?" I questioned.

They both stopped what they were doing and froze. They gave me a mean glare. Bianca took out there phone and gave it to me.

"Watch this video, its proof about her." said Camila.

I was hesitant, however I really wanted to see if they were lying or not. I decided to press play.

In the video, Leah was there in the girl's locker room yelling at two female students for something that's suppose to be a accident. Suddenly she punched one of the girl's in the face. Everyone began to scream and the girl was almost about to cry.