Chapter 9

It was 3:00PM. The final bell rang. I was finally finished with school. I walked through the noisy halls to get to my locker.

I had to borrow a school jacket from the office. Turns out we are not allow to wear our gym uniform outside of gym. I was thinking of telling the office lady the real reason why my hoodie was stained. However, I wasn't in the mood to start any drama.

I grabbed my backpack out of my locker and walked out of the school straight to the buses.

Today, we actually didn't have much homework. I just had one math assignment. Which is surprisingly not that hard.

I walk into my bus. This time it wasn't that crowded. I was one of the first people on the bus because everyone else was still packing up. I sat all the way in the back again.

Slowly and slowly the bus began to get louder. I was about to put on my earplugs, but then someone said, "I need to sit. Here there's no seats left."

I looked up and saw Leah staring down at me. I didn't want to be rude so I moved closer to the window for her to be able to sit down.

"Thanks.." she said quietly as she sat down next to me.

I nodded and stared out the window trying to avoid eye contact with her. I could tell she was staring at me.

"Why do you keep looking at me..?" I asked.

"I'm not." lied Leah.

The bus began to move and I said, "Your annoying."

"How?" She questioned.

"Do I even need to answer that? You know why." I repiled rolling my eyes.

"By the way, I wasn't the one who stained your hoodie." said Leah changing the subject.

"You had fruit punch at lunch, it was you obviously." I said annoyed with the situation.

"What can I do to prove to you it wasn't me?" She asked.

"You can stop lying." I said.

"I'm not." She denied.

"So you were staring weren't staring at me then?" I said rasing my voice a little bit.

"Well its not a big deal." She insisted.

"Leave." I sighed.

"I don't have anywhere else, I could sit." said Leah.

"Like I care." I said.

"Don't do this please." begged Leah.

"Okay then don't talk to me or look at me for the rest of the bus ride." I said.

"Okay." She agreed nervously.

I knew it. She's fake. I just don't get why she's being odd around me. I put on my earplugs and played some music to block out the noise.

10 minutes later, me and a few other kids were the last on the bus. Leah had already left a few minutes ago.

I walked off of the bus and headed back to Jasmin's house.

I knocked on this door and waited.

I heard footsteps coming towards the door and the door opened.

"Didn't I give you keys?" asked Jasmin confused.

"You gave me keys...?" I questioned confused.

"Yes, just come in and remember to use your keys next time." said Jasmin as she held the door open for me.