[09] 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀

"YOU'VE TRULY CHANGED MY LIFE."

***
"Where did you get these polaroids?" The brunette girl asked.

"An old friend."

***

"SO, WHEN DID YOU take those polaroids of Sirius?" Amelia asked her granddaughter, who was sitting in the kitchen island, watching her grandmother pour a cup of coffee into her mug.

Estella was confused on how her grandmother had found out, "What? How did you-"

"Well, you left the door open a bit, I live here, you were in your room, you all are extremely loud,"

Estella slowly started to add the pieces together before slowly nodding realizing how she had found out.

"And Marlene loves to gossip with me at midnight." Amelia took a sip of her coffee.

"I knew it," Estella laughed.

"Okay, okay, but answer my question."

"Well," Estella started. "Sirius wanted to see more of the muggle world before heading home,"

Amelia nodded, knowing about Sirius' family life.

"And well, I took him to Uncle Ricky's Diner. He ended up loving it. You should've seen him when he tried a hamburger for the first time." Estella smiled at the memory.

"I see," Amelia took another sip from her coffee.

"Nana-"

"And did you tell anybody?" Amelia asked. "That you were leaving? Any of your friends?"

"Well, no," Estella confessed. "Nana, where are you going with this?"

"Nowhere, nowhere. You just didn't tell me you were leaving, is all." Estella nodded slowly at her grandmothers words, hesitating on whether or not to believe her.

"Morning, Nana Lia." Sirius walked into the kitchen, wrapping an arm around Amelia and placing a kiss on her cheek. "Beautiful, as always." He winked. "Beau matin, n'est-ce pas?"

(beautiful morning, isn't it?)

"Wow, Sirius." Amelia laughed. "Your french is beautiful! Your pronunciation is perfect!"

"Thanks," Sirius smiled proudly. "Sunshine's been teaching me." He walked over to Estella's seat, hugging her from behind and placing a kiss on her cheek before Estella playfully pushed him away.

"Oh?" Estella could hear the smirk in her voice even with the coffee mug pressed to her lips. "Interesting."

"Yep." Sirius smiled. "What about you, princess?" Sirius nudged Estella, who was currently taking a sip of her coffee from her mug. "Are we still on for tonight?"

Amelia choked on her coffee, "Sorry, sorry."

"Oh, yes, definitely. We were going to the cinema downtown because Sirius here, has never been to one. Lily suggested we all go together and since she's a muggleborn, she knows all the best movies to watch." Estella nods, hoping her grandmother would catch on.