[04] 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

(i sincerely apologize for this next scene, i cringed a lot writing it but anyways..)

detention | november 27th
10:57 PM

"ARE YOU JUST going to stand there and look into the mirror like an idiot or are you going to pick up a rag and start cleaning?" Estella snapped at Sirius. Clearly he had tried to get detention on purpose for whatever reason, which this time, he didn't have to push McGonagall too much to get them into detention.

"I don't know if I want to help right now. My reflection is looking pretty good." Sirius was staring at himself in the bathroom mirror. For detention punishment, they had to scrub the floors of the Prefect bathroom.

Estella glared at the boy.

"Okay, okay! Fine." Sirius gave in just by looking at her angered face.

After a few moments of silence, Sirius finally spoke up again, "Should I kill him?"

"What?"

"Reg, I mean."

"Why?" Estella asked.

"Did he not just kiss your little sister? You're okay with this?"

"Of course I'm okay with this. Look, I know you and Regulus don't have the best relationship-"

"You think?"

"-But, I know Regulus. He cares for Lysandra. And I can tell Lysandra has liked him since the second she met him. She has a bad habit for falling for guys who show the bare minimum. But Reg, I know him just as much as you do. He's like my little brother."

"And Lys is like my little sister. Which is why I'm so confused on how you're so okay with them being all.. eh."

Estella rolled her eyes at the ridiculous boy.

"Lysandra knows how to defend herself. I have no idea what came into her tonight but if a boy like Avery had been forcing himself onto me the way he did to her, I'd be terrified too. What would you do if you found me like that?" Estella's eyes were threatening tears to spill from the memory of finding her sister that way.

"Well, I'd kill Avery, first of all. And don't think for a second I'll hesitate when I see him tomorrow morning for what he did to Lys." Sirius huffed. "She was clearly in a vulnerable position-"

"And Regulus helped her, Sirius. As much as you may hate him-"

"I don't hate him, he's my brother. I'm just- not so proud of his decisions right now." Sirius cut her off.

"That's a start." Estella smiled. "I know how it feels when it comes to this type of stuff. Don't waste your life hating someone. You'll regret it in the end."

Sirius sighed, knowing what she had been talking about.

"Regulus and you were so close. There's still time. Talk to him." Estella opened up. "You're his brother, he'd probably be jumping in joy secretly if you started talking again."

Sirius played with his rag silently, his eyes refusing to meet her gaze.

"Thanks, Essie." Sirius grinned. Estella got up as she walked towards the sink he had been leaning against before bringing him into a hug.