[22] 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐒

(i'm just going to say it, i suck at writing scenes like these. i feel like the way estella felt in this was something pretty self explanatory but hard to describe in typed words, you know? also i've changed the way i wrote the chapters, it's easier this way.)

diagon alley, prewett pranking premises | august 26, 1975

afternoon

ESTELLA WAS STILL at the twins' joke shop. She loved spending time there and spending time with Molly Prewett and the twins. At the corner of her eye, she spotted a certain somebody at the corner of her eye. A certain somebody she knew all too well.

It was Lysandra.

Lysandra was eyeing the shop from outside, where Estella spotted her through the window. The two made eye contact while Estella's expression softened and Lysandra's remained expressionless. Estella could only assume her sister was feeling angry. Angry and upset for when Estella left her when she ran away with Sirius.

Estella could only imagine how much her sister hated her now.

Lysandra's eyes were wandering all over the shop from the window outside. She lifted her hands to her hair to lift it into messy bun, and Estella's eyes wandered exactly where Lysandra intended.

To the scar on her stomach revealed when her shirt lifted slightly.

Lysandra let her hands fall down to her side when she finished tying her hair. She sent her sister an apologetic smile, which Estella could tell it wasn't nearly as genuine. More as a sarcastic thanks but Lysandra understood.

Estella had been making eye contact with her younger sister for a bit too long when she noticed her mother drag Lysandra away from the shop. With one last glance at her sister, she was gone.

"Stel?" Marlene's voice interrupted Estella's thoughts, moving her away from the scene. Marlene hugged Estella tightly once Estella realized Marlene was there.

"Hey, Mar," Estella didn't have much motivation to her voice after seeing her sister. She didn't know what had happened to her, or how she even got the nasty scar.

Marlene furrowed her brows. She pulled away from the hug to read Estella's facial expression, and none of them matched her regular ones.

"What's up?" Marlene questioned. "Something happen?"

Estella knew Marlene knew her too well, she tried her best to dodge the question. "I'm alright. I saw your sisters around here earlier."

"That wasn't my question," Marlene raised an eyebrow.

Estella sighed heavily, not wanting to answer Marlene's question when she wasn't even one hundred percent sure herself. "I'm just here with the Potters to get our school supplies for the year."

Marlene struggled to find the right words, "Yeah, but when you wrote that you ran away from h— hold on.. so you ran away.. to James' house, with.. Sirius?"