[16] 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

foster manor | summer of 1975
5:57 PM

          ESTELLA AND LYSANDRA were having their dinner in their home. Neither of them liked the feeling of being away from school. Hogwarts was their safe place.

         "So," The girls mother, Isadora spoke. "Where did you two spend your Christmas?"

          The two girls shared a glance, both knowing that they had spent it at their grandmother in France while lying to their mother that they spent it at Hogwarts.

          "School," Lysandra quickly lied.

           "Hm," The mother picked at her food. "That's not what Mr. Avery told me."

         Estella's head shot up while Lysandra dropped her fork.

         "So, you're using students from our school to spy on our every move?" Lysandra snapped.

          Meanwhile, Estella tried to calm her sister down to avoid any further suspicion. "Lys-"

         "No, no, Estella. I'm doing the talking." Lysandra replied angrily. "So, if you're talking to Avery, did he tell you about the part where he cornered me at night?"

         Estella only continued to eat, letting her sister continue to call out their mother on all her worst.

        Isadora's face was expressionless and unreadable as she went pale.

       "Yeah," Lysandra scoffed. "Avery, a seventh year, cornered me, a fourth year. But maybe that was your plan all along, huh?"

        Isadora only stared at her daughter blankly.

        "You won't even bother denying it?" Lysandra scoffed. "You're insane. You're sick. You're crazy. You preferred for me to keep the bloodline pure, and you pulled something like this? You had to make me feel scared?"

          Isadora interrupted her daughter, "Lysandra, you know that I-"

          "No, Isadora. I said I'm doing the talking now. You're absolutely mental. We could've at least worked something out. You made me feel horrible. You'll be glad to hear what my real family did to Avery." Lysandra threw a soft glance to Estella. "Marlene accidentally told me, sorry. And you'll be even more glad to hear that I do have feelings for a pureblood. And it's definitely not the one you want." Lysandra stood up from her chair and ran upstairs to her bedroom.

          Isadora ignored her daughters outburst and continued eating her dinner as of nothing had happened.

         "Y-You're being serious?" Estella stammered. "You did that?"

          "One day, you'll understand my reasoning for everything-"

          "No, t-that's not something that needs reasoning! Do you have any idea how Lysandra felt? Do you have any idea how many days she stayed in dormitory after?" Estella snapped. "You're lucky. You're extra lucky now. Wait til you see the number Sirius and I did on his face."

         "What?!" Isadora screeched, very dramatically might they add. "Are you idiotic kids stupid?! We had a deal! The Avery's and I! Merlin, w-we needed this! We had to succeed with this! It was only one more step!"