[32] 𝐁𝐎𝐘'𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘

Estella was furious. If she thought that her year with Avery couldn't have gotten any worse, it did.

      Now that Avery had graduated, Ethan Montgomery was the Slytherin captain of the Quidditch team, which wasn't such a bad thing for Estella. Under Dumbledores request, the Quidditch captain couldn't be changed at this time of year, which Estella was grateful for not having to give up her position.

      But it seemed he didn't only want to ruin her life. He wanted to annoy the others as well.

      There were other things going on, more important things that the school should've been focusing on. Quidditch wasn't canceled that year, but the school didn't seem to make it a priority.

      Avery requested to have Quidditch try-outs this year for each house. Some of the best players from the other houses were replaced off of their team. Amos Diggory, Shayla Smith, and even Marshall Davis.

      Estella knew that her position couldn't have been replaced under Dumbledores orders, but she couldn't help but overthink. What if James were replaced? He'd be devastated. And Sirius? Quidditch was another one of his getaways. What if Marlene were replaced?

      Knowing Avery, he'd probably make up some women excuse just to kick her off the team. But Estella wasn't going to let that happen.

      She couldn't let any of them go, that's for sure. If Estella weren't Quidditch captain, either of them could've easily stolen her spot.

She was walking back to the common room to get ready for the Quidditch try-outs she herself had to host. With the help of the one and only Marlene McKinnon, of course.

What caught her eye down the hall was a boy named Severus. Severus had been Lily's friend for so long and Estella never understood why he had called Lily such a rude word in their fourth year, but you best believe that she hexed James and Sirius first, but she for sure hexed Severus' arse into tomorrow.

He kept mostly to himself, clutching the books onto his chest tightly dragging his school robes dramatically around the school. Sparing a glance at Estella with widened eyes as he continued walking down the hall.

Weird.

Her head was facing back, but her body was facing forward. About head into the way of her common room, she ran into somebody very unexpected.

"Ethan!" Estella said as she accidentally ran into him. "Godric, I'm so sorry."

      Ethan readjusted himself, picking up his dropped items and fixing his posture to talk to Estella. "Oh, s'alright." he grinned.

      Estella then realized that he was headed to the direction of the Gryffindor common room, which confused her a bit. She looked at him puzzled. "Are you going somewhere or..?"

      Ethan's eyes widened as he stammered to find an excuse. "I— I just—"

      "Oh, I'm sorry," Estella apologized. "You don't have to explain yourself. I'm just being nosy."

      Ethan chuckled nervously, but Estella could've sworn there was some sort of relief in the sound of his nervous laughter.

      "Well, I have to get going then," Ethan pointed the direction his was going to. "Practice."

      Estella froze for a second before nodding frantically in realization. "Oh! Sorry, I have to get to practice too. Well, try-outs."

      The two stood in silence awkwardly, not knowing what to say.