[06] 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐒

I EDITED THEIR AGES I CANNOT IMAGINE THEM AS 14 YEAR OLDS IM SORRY

the beaumont manor | sunday, december 20th
dinner, 7:56 PM

"SO THE DAY we found out Remus was a werewolf, he had been making up excuses all day as to why he was missing the week before." James confessed.

"Oh, my mother was sick! She was bleeding! She was about to die- And I straight up told him, 'Remus, we know you're a werewolf." Sirius said.

"There was a lot more cursing, but yeah that's basically how it went." Remus said, remembering the memories as Estella and the boys spoke to Amelia, taking advantage of the fact that Marlene and Lily were playing a muggle game in the living room.

Estella and Amelia knew about Remus' furry little problem, and it had become no problem to her. She had always been prepared in case of a full moon for Remus.

Amelia had been chuckling the entire time listening to the boys and Estella rant about all their fun memories at Hogwarts. She knew that Estella had picked a good group of friends since the beginning.

"That's not how it went!" Sirius chuckled at Estella talking about an old memory of them trying to run away from Filch to avoid getting detention. "It was not my fault we got detention! And I picked you up and we both got stuck in a tight broom closet for hours! And when we finally burst out laughing when we got out of the closet, there was McGonagall, staring at us as if we had just been caught."

"Okay, okay! I wasn't taking mental polaroids the entire time! I was under duress!" Estella laughed.

"Duress? Really?" Sirius chuckled at her very poor excuse. "And.. polaroid?"

Estella laughed, realizing he had no idea what the muggle object was. "It's like a camera. You take a photo, and a printed photo comes out of it."

"Speaking of polaroids, I forgot to ask you to bring yours! I had bought you one for your last birthday, hadn't I?" Amelia asked.

"Oh.." Estella's face dropped at the memory. "Dad found it. He kind of smashed it to pieces. He didn't want any muggle inventions in his house."

Everyone stayed silent, realizing what the topic had been brought to.

"Anyways, speaking of muggle, where's your new husband?" Estella asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"He's doing some shopping, isn't he a sweetheart?" Amelia beamed.

"I'm glad you're happy," Estella smiled.

"Oh! And speaking of photos, who wants to go see Estella's photo album from when she was young?" Amelia smirked.

"Grandma, please, no-"

"YES!" James and Sirius yelled, ecstatic to find a new use to annoy Estella further.

(hope u noticed that jj obx reference "mental polaroids and the duress part)
𖠰𖠰𖠰

"ESTELLA WAS FIVE years old in that one," Amelia pointed to one picture after another with all the kids huddled around her, seeing young photos of Estella and Lysandra.

"I remember that Lys wanted to change her name to Lizard for some reason." Estella snorted, making Regulus snicker.

"Lizard?" Regulus snickers as Lysandra playfully nudged his arm.

"One day, I'm going to name my daughter Liz, so people will be like Oh, short for Elizabeth? And her obviously going to inherit my charming personality, she's going to say it's short for Lizard." James grinned.

"You should never be allowed to have children, James." Lily shook her head in disappointment.

"Oh, look at this one!" Amelia pointed at the photo of the young sight of a young Sirius and Estella. Sirius, tugging at Estella's hair at his failed attempt of braiding, and Estella, giggling the entire time with flushed cheeks.

"I remember that day," Sirius smiled at the reminder of the young memory.

"So does my hair," Estella joked. "I think I still have a knot in there somewhere."

"Estella, if your children inherit your traits, they'll be absolutely gorgeous." Marlene smiled.

"Not if they inherit all of mine." Sirius smirked as he sent a wink towards the now clearly blushing girl.

Deciding to ignore his comment, she rolled her eyes as her grandmother continued to another photo.

"Oh, there's also some firewhiskey in the fridge." Amelia said nonchalantly.

"I- you do realize we're sixteen and underage, right?" Estella asked.

"I'm aware." Amelia shrugged. "Legal age over here is sixteen if in presence of an adult. Plus, can't be illegal if it's a wizard drink that they don't even know that it exists."

"You know, Grandma Lia, you make an excellent point." Sirius winked as he stood up. "Well, we best not let it go to waste then, am I right?"

𖠰𖠰𖠰

THAT NIGHT, THE group of kids spent some time in the room the girls would be staying in.

"Padfoot, the only way you'll ever be my future child's godfather is if I do the unbreakable vow while I'm drunk." James joked.

"Thanks for the idea, mate." Sirius laughed before taking another sip of the firewhiskey, each time burning his throat less and less as he got used to the feeling. "So, Lysandra, How've you been since the um, Avery situation?"

Lysandra's cheeks went visibly red, remembering what happened that night as well as Avery's approaching. "I, uh, fine. Avery hasn't talked to me since."

"Hm.. I wonder why?" Sirius smirked as he sent a wink Estella's way.

"I don't even want to know."

𖠰𖠰𖠰

"PRONGS? PRONGS!" Sirius called out to James.

"Sirius? What are you doing here? It's five in the morning!" James yelled at the boy.

"Shh.. calm down. Get dressed, we have to be back by morning."

"Where are we going?"

"There's one last Christmas gift I need to buy."