[05] 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐋

hogwarts express | sunday, december 20th
8:14 AM

"DID YOU GUYS pack everything you need?" Estella asked for reassurance again. She had been stressing about her meet with her grandmother for a while and she wanted it to be perfect.

"Yes, Mum. We have everything. You can calm down." Lily reassured.

"Fine, I'm going to go check on the boys and make sure they haven't done anything stupid." And with that, Estella left the compartment to go check on her boys.

And when she walked in, there sat three boys. Sirius and James were practicing who scream the loudest, but they stopped once Estella walked in.

"I- You know what? I'm not even going to ask." Estella sighed. "And please, James, for the love of Merlin, fix your hair! We'll be arriving soon!"

"Grandma Lia likes my hair this way." James argued. When they arrived at Kings Cross Station, Grandma Lia would be there to pick them up.

Estella sighed again."Remus," Remus was sitting and reading a book, completely ignoring Sirius and James screaming. "Please make sure they're on the best behavior. Especially when we get to Grandma's house."

"Alright." Remus shrugged nonchalantly.

"Promise me you guys won't embarrass me and you'll be on your best behavior, right?" Estella held out her pinkie.

Sirius grabbed it first and interlocked his pinkie with hers. "We promise.."

"...mised other people we'd be on our worst behavior." James finished and winked, making Estella roll her eyes and leave the compartment.

𖠰𖠰𖠰

"Lily, what I think you are in is a state of denial." Estella teased.

"The Nile? Isn't that a river?" Marlene asked, making the two girls shake their heads in disappointment.

"No, Mar. Lily is in denial of her feelings for Jamesie over there." Estella smirked. "Admit it. You may not necessarily love James, but you most certainly don't hate him either, do you?"

But Lily needn't say anything, for her silence said it all.

"I knew it."

"Shut it, and stop smirking. James is an annoying, rude, loud, messy boy. There's no way I'd ever feel anything for him, not even in a million years." Lily scoffed.

"Ahh.." Marlene closed her eyes and reached her hands out as if she could not see anything. "I sense.. I sense- lies."

"This is going to be one long Christmas break, that's for sure."

𖠰𖠰𖠰

"GRANDMA LIA!" James ran into the woman's arms as soon as he got off the train.

"Ah, my Jamesie boy." Amelia had brought the boy into a tight hug. Then came Sirius, hugging Amelia tightly as James.

"I think you've forgotten who's her real grandchild," Estella joked. "Hey Grandma."

"Hello, dear. Oh, is that everybody? Where is Lysandra?"

"I'm not sure. She's around here somewhere. I think she said she's bringing somebody."

"Who?"

"I might have a hunch, but I'm not sure-" But Estella's wonders were answered when Lysandra had brought Regulus behind her from a close awkward distance.

Amelia had known Walburga and Orion, she also knew what they had done to the poor children. But Amelia gave Sirius some helpful advice that may be relevant in the future, something that she had done as a child and since then, had most certainly not regretted.

"Ah, Reggie. It's been a while." Amelia grinned before engulfing the curly haired boy and Lysandra into a hug.

But when couldn't go unnoticed was how Estella noticed how Sirius had been uncomfortably shifting around, and how the uncomfortable tension thickened even through the openest of spaces.

Lily and Marlene were also welcomed by being engulfed tightly into a hug around the kind woman.

And that's when they knew that this Christmas, they were in for a treat.

(short update: new chapter coming tonight.)