[01] 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋

"𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑!" Isadora Foster called her daughter from the bottom of the stairs. "If you miss the train this year, you're not going!"

Estella came rushing down the stairs, trunk in hand. Isadora took one look at her daughter up and down before she scoffed.

"I thought we agreed to wearing your hair up."

"You agreed to wearing my hair up. It's attached to my head, so I can make my own choices for it. Besides, it gives me a headache." Estella snapped.

"It's disgusting, truly. Never a lady. Never behave, never play the role. Your father and I expected you to be so much better than this." Isadora replied, scrunching her nose at the figure of her daughter.

September first was a very important date for Estella. Not only was it her first day at Hogwarts, but it was also her birthday.

"Rosie helped me pick out my shoes!" Estella exclaimed proudly, pointing at her shoes. Her mother looked down at the black shoes she had picked out, before scrunching her nose at her daughters fashion taste. Rosie was the Fosters house elf. While her parents were rather unkind to Rosie, Estella was not. She had respected them for their jobs, played games with them so they wouldn't get bored or lonely, and she often put a bow on Rosie's head. Estella had also taught her younger sister to do the same to all house elf's.

While Estella's birthday had started great, her first emotion waking up was excitement and happiness. Rosie helping her pick out her clothes and packing her trunk. Estella's morning was great. Only to be ruined by her own mother, who did not even say happy birthday.

It wasn't unlikely she had forgotten, but most of the time she just didn't say anything. Estella never got a birthday party or presents, but she was still grateful for her younger sister, and the fact that this year, she'll be away from home.

Her father sat at the end of the table while she sat down. He had his face in a newspaper, The Daily Prophet. Her own parents didn't even bother saying two words to her, but Estella was used to it.

"Mama!" came a voice running down the stairs. Lysandra, who was a year younger than Estella, would be attending Hogwarts the following year. Estella wasn't comfortable about leaving Lysandra alone. One more year. One more year, and we'll be together.

Isadora inhaled deeply before facing the nine year old. "What?" Isadora responded sternly but emotionlessly.

"Look! I drew this flower-"

"You call that a flower?"

"Oh, well, I saw you had one like this in your office and you said it was your favorite-"

"Our family is known for talent, power, respect. And you call this a flower?" Isadora yelled at the young girl. Lysandra's face dropped.

"Mama, stop it. She's a kid. She doesn't need you ruining her confidence. Come here, Lys." a little Lysandra had walked over to her older sister. Estella pulled little Lysandra onto her lap while the young girl held her drawing in her hand. "I think it looks great." Estella smiled at the young girl by her side and squeezed her into a tight hug as she was sitting in her sisters lap.

"I guess it's a trait you sisters share. Both of you are an embarrassment to the family name." Isadora scoffed.

"For Merlins sake, woman! It's a drawing! Not a failed task! She's nine years old." Estella snapped. Estella allowed herself to be stepped on all over by her parents, but when it came to her little sister, she would not allow her littles sister self-esteem to be ruined just because.