[12] 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐅

(𝙼𝚈 𝙱𝙰𝙳, 𝙸 𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙳 𝙼𝙰𝙺𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙸𝚃𝙻𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙺.)

it's been a while since i've read something about the way to marauders era went, but i'm pretty sure it was something like this. and also, i know they became animagi in their fifth year, but just for the plot they're going to become animagi this year :)

"WHAT?" Sirius' jaw practically dropped to the floor. "Are you insane?"

"I'm dead serious." She smirked, before James knocked on Sirius' head as Sirius pushed his hand away in annoyance.

"I don't know," James sighed dramatically. "He looks pretty alive to me."

"Not for long if he keeps telling me what to do." Estella eyed the boy waiting for him to say something else.

"What- No, no. This is dangerous. You can't do this!" Sirius protested.

"You think I don't know the dangers? Please, Im the reason you might actually succeed for once. Besides, you're doing it, why can't I do this?" Estellaj snapped, crossing her arms.

"B-because!"

"B-b-because you're a guy?" Estella snapped. "You think I can't handle this?"

"What?! Of course not! Essie, I care about you. Of course you can handle this! But I'm not going to allow it when you can get hurt! If this doesn't work, you can get hurt!" Sirius fought back.

"Sirius, so can you."

"Well, maybe you're okay with seeing that, but I'm not okay seeing you like that." Sirius crossed his arms this time. "If something goes wrong with Remus-"

"Then I'll go to Madam Pomfrey. Sirius, Remus is my best friend too. We're talking about the guy who hexed Avery and Mulciber into frogs when they tried to get me to sit with them on the compartment. We're talking about the guy who when I said I was sick, snuck into the girls dormitory to stay with me all day and bring me chocolate. We're talking about the guy who didn't judge me once for my scars when he had his own. He understood everything. He has been there for me since I was eleven years old, Sirius.  I think it's about time I return the favor." Estella ranted.

The boy was stunned, not having anything to speech back to the girl.

Sirius blinked, "Look- Remus. He's a great person. But if something goes wrong-"

"Not with me to help. No offense but, you guys had it all wrong." She chuckled, lightening the mood.

"Fine, but I never said I'm going to like it."

"Of course not. You'd never complain for a little more time with me." Estella smirked.

"God, Remus was right. You're the exact same human in two different bodies." James muttered.

"I think Sirius should take that as a compliment."

𖠰𖠰𖠰

Estella watched as James body began to transform. Antlers began to grow from his head, fur started growing all over his body, and his eyes began turning into button like brown eyes.

Sirius began shrinking. Longer fur began to go through his body. He grew a long and furry tail, and his normal body turned into a four legged black furred creature.

Peter began shrinking immensely. Estella was confused once his body reached at state where he was extremely tiny and grew a rat tail, almost identical to a worm. And that's when it hit her.

"Oh my God..." She muttered at the sight.

James was a deer.

Sirius was a dog.

And Peter was a rat.

She looked at them in shock for a few moments before she started chuckling lightly, "Oh my God!"

The three animals looked almost clueless as they all shared confused looks.

"J-James-" Estella tried her best to control her laughter. "Calm it, Red Nose." In response, the stag nudged her with his antler.

"Sirius! Oh my God! Do you want a toy? Might need a bigger bed than the one I bought you!" She laughed. This time, the dog went up to Estella and barked at her, but this only made Estella want to laugh more after she thought of the image of a human Sirius barking at her.

Sirius turned back to his human form, adjusting himself back into reality. As he turned back, he stumbled a bit on the grounds. "Essie? Did you- Did you?"

"Nah, I think I missed it."

James turned back into his regular form too, repeating Sirius' actions.

"Pads! Es! Oh my God! Wormtail! Did you- Oh." James looked at Peter, who was still in his animal form, playing around with his tail figuring out how to adapt to his new body. The two boys tried to help Peter turn back into his real, regular form. In the end, he finally did.

"What about you, Essie?" James turned to Estella when they finished helping Peter. "What are you turning into, hm? After laughing at us?"

"I-I don't know." Estella sighed. "Fine, you know what? I'll try it. I'm not scared. I don't have to be. I'll do this for Remus."

Sirius looked at the girl, feeling that she was pressuring herself, "Essie, you really don't have to if you're not comfortable-"

"No, I am." She breathed. "I'll do it."

On the last day that they had to repeat the steps, the boys used the incantation on Estella after she drank the potion.

The boys watched as her Animagus took form into a beautiful golden retriever. Her dark hair was now a light shade of blonde, her body now had four legs and a tail. And with another dog by his side, Sirius didn't feel so alone anymore.

Estella watched as Sirius started laughing at her like she did when he transformed. And to her surprise, she felt like she had deserved it, and honestly didn't feel the tiniest bit angry. And that's when it hit her.

"Oh my God," She inhaled. "I'm a dog.."

She looked up at the boys with literal puppy dog eyes and cluelessness written all over her now furry face. That's when Sirius transformed to his Animagus form and stood beside Estella.

"Maybe we'll need a bigger bed," Sirius joked, but Estella was still confused on how they could understand each other even as animals.

"Or we could always share," Sirius suggested. Even as dogs, Estella already knew that this boy was smirking until his lip was about to fall off. "How about.. Goldie?"

"Goldie?"

"Yeah, like.. as your Marauder name." said Sirius. "Oh yeah, welcome to the club."

Estella had been in shock one sentence after another.

And that's when she fully processed it when it clicked.

Estella Mae Foster was a Marauder.

stan sirius black for clear skin.