ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ | ᴘᴏᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴘᴀʀᴛɴᴇʀꜱ

•*•

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•. 

"Blimey, they're gorgeous," commented (Y/n), eyeing of group of Beauxbatons girls as she and Lauretta walked past them in the hallway.

"Oh, be quiet, (Y/n)," groaned Lauretta softly as she rolled her eyes in annoyance at her friend's antic.

Last night the Triwizard Tournament was announced and the students and headmaster/headmistress from the school's arrived. Durmstrang, Beauxbatons and Hogwarts will be participating in the tournament, and it's technically everything almost everyone's been able to talk about.

However, after stealing a quick glance at her wristwatch, Lauretta grasped (Y/n)'s wrist and began to run frantically. "Hurry up or we're going to be late for Potions! You don't want Snape to take house points, and we don't want them to be in the negatives since this year just started!"

"Okay — okay, Laurie!" exclaimed (Y/n), attempting to run alongside her best friend. "Merlin's beard, you run really fast!"

"Do you want to be late for our first class this year?!"

"No, ma'am!"

"Then hurry up!" she almost yelled in frustration, absolutely determined to make it to their class.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.

The two best friends' heels clacked against the dungeons' cold floor, and (Y/n) briskly barged into the Potions classroom with Lauretta trailing right behind her.

"There's no need to barge into my classroom like a barbarian, Miss (L/n)," grumbled Snape, giving the girl his normally cold gaze, yet it was somewhat softened.

(Y/n) simply shrugged that off and made her way to a table, and Lauretta followed behind her, attempting to suppress her smile since they made it on time. The two then sat down at a table, and the Slytherin grinned at the Gryffindor before giving her a light high-five.

They quietly chatted to one another as they got out their potions books, and (Y/n) would constantly glance at Snape with a disgusted frown.

"Why the hell does he have to be my godfather? My biological parents were clearly mental," she groaned irritably, resting her head on the table.

"Um — maybe they knew more about him than we do, and he might actually be nice to his friends..?" Lauretta tried to reason, but she just ended up sounding like she questioned what nshe said.

"Sure," deadpanned (Y/n), "I'm sure Snape is a very nice person."

"Quiet," demanded Snape, and within and instant, the entire class was silent. "I will be assigning potions partners this year — and no, the person you're sitting next to will not be your partner. If you have a problem with your partner, then deal with it."