ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ ʀɪᴅᴇ

•*•

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Even through the thick maze of trees, (Y/n) was able to gaze at the gorgeous sight. The morning sunlight shone through the green leaves of the forest, and step by step, she only got closer to her desired location.

Finally, the teenager's (e/c) lit up when she escaped the crowed area of trees, and those same (e/c) eyes landed on her friend and (Y/n) (L/n) briskly ran to her, absolutely full of cheerfulness.

"There you are, Laurie!" (Y/n) giggled like a child, giving her friend a hug from behind with so much force, that she almost fell into the glistening lake in front of her.

"Merlin's beard, (Y/n)! I could've fallen in!" groaned Lauretta Prince, softly pushing (Y/n) away from her.

(Y/n) simply laughed at that. "Even if you did my Mum and Dad would make you dry with one flick of their wand!"

"Well, we're pretty bloody far from the cottage, (N/n)! Newsflash, that's where Otto and Aoife are!" she stated exasperatedly, pointing at the wooden cottage across the lake, which stuck out like a sore thumb among the lush green.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

A small shrug expressed how (Y/n) really didn't care, because something else had caught her attention. The small, beautiful lake in front of her had her mesmerised. Tiny ripples in the lake caused it to shimmer from the light that shone on it. A small gust of wind fashioned a tranquil sound of leaves rustling, and to top it all off, snow white goose flew over the lake before making their way somewhere in the blue sky.

"I'm going to miss this place," (Y/n) mumbled more-so to herself rather than the Gryffindor, observing the lovely forest with a woeful expression.

"Same, but I'm excited to go back to see my family again and go back to Hogwarts," explained Lauretta, and a smile spread across her face at the thought.

In an unnecessarily dramatic way, (Y/n) gasped, slapping her hand to her chest in quote on quote shock. "Are you saying you aren't enjoying spending the summer with my family here?"

"Of course I'm enjoying it! But I'm happy to go home, y'know."

"Oh, what the heck," (Y/n) chuckled, shrugging her shoulders once again. "I am too. I'm not happy that once we go back to Hogwarts Luca's going to drool over Liam."

"Everyone drools over Liam."

"Not you, Allison, or me. It's obnoxious when your brother crushes on one your friends," she acknowledged irritably before saying, "We should go back, you're literally in your night gown right now."

It was Lauretta's turn to chuckle, and she nodded her head with a wide grin. "Good idea, (Y/n)."

.•*•.•*•.•*•.