CHAPTER EIGHT

"Here we go" Tristan mumbled as he pushed through his front door. 

I was met with a beautifully decorated foyer that really impressed me. A huge chandelier hung above me, and the carpets were clean and beautifully decorated. He led me further into the house, where we appeared in his living room. 

I wasn't surprised, having seen the foyer, I knew this wouldn't be different. It all looked bigger than I assumed from the outside, but it was surprisingly spacious. 

"Thank you" I told him as he helped me shrug my coat off. I continued to take in ever corner of the room. 

"You have a beautiful home " I finally told him after recovering from my shock. Hell, it was even nicer than my house. 

"Thank you. This is where I grew up. My mom always liked to keep things tidy and neat, so I held up that legacy."

"Well she has great taste. I'd vacation here" I mumbled that part mostly to myself, but his chuckling made me know that he heard. 

"I'm sure she would appreciate it. She was indeed the designer "

"Was? " I asked as my heart hurt a bit. 

"Yea she died when I was young, about ten. My dad followed five years after, died in the field" He explained, looking torn for a second. 

"I'm so sorry" I said sincerely, holding his hand. "Was he a cop? "

He nodded, answering my question. But he seemed quite at peace with the topic. If my dad died, I'd be torn--even if it's ten years later. 

"Let me take this for you" He offered, reaching out for my duffle bag. I smiled gratefully and handed it to him as I readied myself to be led to where I'd stay. But instead, he seemed to have had a different idea. 

I yelped as he placed two warm hands over my eyes as he led me somewhere. The scrumptious aroma of food filled my senses, and that's when I realized we were either in a kitchen or dining room. 

"Tristan? " I called out just as he removed his hand, making me gasp in shock yet again. 

The dining room was dimly lit with candle lights, and there on the table sat food of all kind, making me realize just how hungry I really was. 

"Tristan what is this? " I breathed out, barely sounding like a whisper. 

"This is our date before our date. " He beamed as he led me to the table. "You can call it our pre-date" 

"I don't know what to say" I mumbled as I sat in the chair. My chest erupted in emotions that I didn't even try to suppress. This was just all so lovely. 

"I know how stressed you've been, so I prepared this before I came to pick you up. I also want you to feel at home here. I know it wasn't your most comfortable decision " He added, making my feelings soar even more.

Gosh I'm falling too fast. 

"Thank you" I was genuinely grateful. "I really appreciate this "

"Anytime Cianna"

I said a little grace in my head for the meal and this wonderful human being before digging in. He surprised me even more by the second, since the food was literally the best thing I've ever tasted. 

"You did not cook this" I accused playfully as I scooped another fork of mash potatoes in my mouth. 

"Nah I ordered it from my favourite restaurant " He said with a light chuckle. 

"Really?"

He shook his head with a small smile as he met my eyes "No really I made it. Like it? "