CHAPTER TWENTY

Song for the Chapter:

Redemption by Besomorph and Coopex ft. Riell

Tristan's pov

I need to see her.

My anger was abating, and I just have to see her. I have to see that she's okay. I have to tell her how sorry I am for making this happen to her. Hell, I should've went with her from the minute that ambulance left. But I was too damn angry to follow the woman I'm falling crazily for.

Without even another peep to the officers with questioning looks on their faces, I pushed through the door and towards my car. I sped through the traffic like fire was on my tail towards the only hospital that they could've brought her- Central  Hospital.

I still cant believe a man- an officer- shoved a knife in her back. And instead of going with her to the hospital, holding onto her and telling her to stay with me, I went after the man. God I'm so bad at this boyfriend thing.

'What if its too late?', I thought as I pulled up in the parking lot not even fifteen minutes later. I immediately shook the thought from my head and wished for the best, as  I rushed towards the entrance with only one mission in mind.

"I'm here to see Cianna Leir" I announced as soon as I was at the reception desk.

The woman looked up at me seeming uninterested, and my patience was running far too thin for this bullshit. Every time I come to this hospital, it's the same damn thing with her.

"Cianna Leir" I insisted further. "She came in here with a knife in her back? Probably in the ER"

"Oh right" She mumbled as she typed away on the laptop. "She's in the ER right now. When she's out and transferred to a different room, I'll notify you. For now, sit over there with the other man who came to see her" She pointed behind me, and I followed her finger to a single chair that held the one and only Sean Edwards--my pain in the ass partner.

I was more than confused, since he had no real reason to be here. I was more expecting her dad. Nonetheless, I tread towards him with a stern look, and he noticed me once I was close enough.

"Still got a job?" He asked as I sat beside him. I nodded.

"No one really saw me. Who did didn't question me. What are you doing here anyways?" I asked, feeling utterly edgy about it all.

He sighed deeply as he continued to look ahead of him. "I've grown quite fond of the girl too Deckor" Anger and possessiveness immediately stirred in me, and he seemed to have noticed, since he clarified quickly. "Not like that way." He shook his head with a light chuckle.

I didn't feel like conversing, so I simply mumbled an 'okay' as I grabbed my phone to call her dad.

"There's something about her you know?" He continued to speak even though I was obviously finished with the conversation. "And I uh- I should've listened to her about Mia. She told me twice that she was dangerous. I knew this, but I didn't take it seriously."

"You don't need to be here because you feel guilty" I spat. "She doesn't need your pity."

"I know that" His voice also got edgy, but instead of prolonging the argument, I simply kept my mouth shut.

We waited for another thirty minutes, and her father arrived a little faster than I expected. He had a worried look sketched onto his face as he marched in.

He caught my gaze immediately, and he rushed towards me as fast as his frail body could go. He always had a little stagger to his walk, and sometimes I noticed that his hands trembled a little. But Cianna never seemed to notice, maybe because she was used to it.