CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

NOTE: Chapter contains mature content. Just a little bit.

Happy reading!

***

"Mom can you get me more painkillers on your way back?"

"Okay sweetie. Remember to rest!" My mom bellowed as she went through the front door. I've gotten so used to her being here, that I even forgot that this was temporary. She didn’t even seem like she was making an effort to try and get back to her husband.

But oddly I didn’t mind. I hated what had been going on in my life, especially with my dad, so a little house company wasn’t all that bad. She was a lot of help too. Her being here minimized the amount of work I had to do around the house like cleaning and cooking. So I wasn’t complaining.

I knew I had to let her go soon though. After my dad's trial, I knew I'd have to talk to her about both of us getting back to real life. But for now, I enjoyed the luxury.

I shoveled another handful of popcorn in my mouth as I ogled at the sexy men on the television. I had Prince snuggled against me as we watched TV together, and I would momentarily feed him popcorn too. He was such a great friend.

After the movie ended, I felt myself yawning from exhaustion. I checked my phone, seeing that it was only 9 in the evening. My mom always preferred night shopping, for some reason, but I never questioned it. I didn’t, however, feel like going to bed just yet.

Checking my messages, I saw that there were only two texts, one from Emily rambling about how sick she is of college, and one from Jessica, again, talking about college. I really need some working-class friends.

It then occurred to me that I hadn’t heard from Tristan, and I realized that Thursdays was his working late day.

"You think I should go pay Tristan a visit?" I asked Prince. I didn’t feel like staying in.

Prince huffed and snuggled more into my lap. He didn’t like Tristan very much. They were always fighting for my attention.

I giggled as I ran my hands through his fur. "It's okay bud. I'll bring you back a snack?"

He barked once at this, but he looked like he was still contemplating letting me go or not. I always wondered if they could actually understand what we were saying. I mean, they must understand to an extent right?

"I'll be back soon okay?" I quickly kissed his nozzle as I made a move to get up. He jumped from my lap, barking at me once as if telling me to remember his snack.

A chuckle escaped my lips as I made my way upstairs. I had a quick shower to get all the dog slobber and hair from my body, before pulling on some simple jeans and a t-shirt. There was a light drizzle outside to, so I pulled a sweater over my shoulders too.

I hadn’t driven myself anywhere since my accident a few weeks ago, but I was more than ready to get back behind the wheel. My wound was healing quite well. Even though sometimes I had pain in my lower back, Dr. Monroe said that it was healing nicely, and I could feel it too. However, Tristan always acted like the wound was the same size forever. He treated me like a baby, and even though sometimes it was sweet, it got too much at times.

Like last night, we had a small fight because I left his to go grab groceries for him. Apparently, I shouldn’t have been carrying that 'many bags' with my wound. Bear in mind, I only had two bags.

Sexy Ass Detective And Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें