CHAPTER TWELVE

Just putting it out there, this is a very mature chapter,all of it. So if you're not interested in smut,you can skip here. You'll know what happened so don't worry about missing anything⚠️

Enjoy!

***

Song for Chapter:

Love on the Brain by Rihanna

***

He pushed me against the door as my legs circled around his waist. He hoisted me higher, using one had to hold my head while the other rested on my thigh, momentarily digging his fingers in as he kissed me like there was no tomorrow.

I ravished myself in the feeling of having him so near. Just the way how he held me like I'd disappear if he should dear let go, had my heart swirling like a whirlpool of emotions.

He rubbed small circles with his thumb on my thigh, and the small movement had me aching for him as I gasped in the kiss. He ran his other hand down to my neck, gently pulling back my hair which automatically gave him better access to the kiss.

My toes curled as he halted caressing on my thigh and slowly ran his finger tips up and down my bare skin, inching closer and closer to where I needed him. I bit his lip a little too hard as he continued his maddening teasing, but the approving groan I received told me that he liked it. He sucked on my lip as I felt his hand retreating, and disappointment dawned on me until I felt him grab my arse in both hands and stepped away from the door, not once breaking the kiss.

He laid me on the bed slowly--almost intentional as he slowed the pace of the kiss. It became something more savoury than the rush of desire it started off as--just like our relationship.

My lips tingled from all the sucking and biting, but by far it was the best kiss I have ever had. He pulled away so that he was looking at me, and I gazed into his mesmerising eyes as they swirled in emotion. He pushed a lock of hair away from my face as he gazed at me, no one saying anything but it oddly seemed perfect.

All the doubts I ever had about him went out the window in that instant, and I knew that what our date couldn't prove, his eyes surely did.

There are a lot of things one can learn from the look in a man's eyes. You can know whether he wants you for mere pleasure, if he isn't in the least interested or most importantly, if he admires you.

It's a look of admiration that will knock the breath from any woman's lungs. It shows exactly how
willing he is to offer you his heart, stability and happiness. Many would think they don't know how to recognize the look, but when you see it, there really isn't any doubt about it.

I knew, because Tristan was looking at me that exact way.

My heart soared in elation as I allowed the emotions I tried to suppress flow freely. I knew I had been falling for him the minute I saw him--if only I knew he was too. I was so caught up in my world of heartbreak and grief that I tried to ignore what my heart had been trying to tell me all along.

It wasn't too soon, it wasn't too inappropriate and it wasn't distracting. It was solely and entirely genuine.

"Are you sure?" He asked, staring intensely at me.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out, so I resorted to nodding frantically instead, before pulling him back to me, recapturing his lips in a blissful kiss.

I let myself go in that single kiss, communicating just how much I wanted him. It went further than just an intimate want or companionship, it was a certain emotion that I dared not to acknowledge. He openly accepted my proposal, dominating the kiss the minute I initiated it.