CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT-Final

Song for final chapter:

Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding

***

Hey Cianna. If you're seeing this, it means I finally had the courage to send the letter I rewrote about a hundred times because you wont answer my calls or texts. So here we are, going back to good ol' letters.

Well if you hadn't already crushed this paper and you are still reading, then um, thank you. I just wanted to make a few things clear. I didn’t like how things ended between us Cianna, so you had to know the truth.

I admit, I did cheat on you. At first it was because the woman, Mia, was sweet and kind and she wasn’t suppose to be more than a one night thing. You and I were like best friends, and the last thing I wanted was to hurt you.

I know how sensitive you are about cheating Cianna. I listened to all your stories of how you hated what your mom did to your dad. I knew deep down that there was a little warning in your stories, as if telling me not to. But ah I'm a man. I was having a rough day and I saw this 'pretty blonde' and thought it couldn’t hurt.

Man I was a dick. I should've come straight home to you and have you instead. But I'm human. I messed up. And it was my worse decision yet.

The next day I woke up and tried to leave, but Mia was acting so odd. She started crying, saying things like men always use her for sex and leave. I tried to let her down easy, and I told her that I had a girlfriend. She asked me to be friends, and I thought it couldn’t hurt.

But she would call me over and over. She would show up at my workplace with lunch. She was just being crazy. It went on for three months, and I got sick of it. I told her it had to stop and she should stop telling people at my workplace that we were together.

She got mad, and I didn’t see her for three days. She then returned with a ring on her finger, claiming to be engaged to me. I even woke up with a ring on my finger too! I then realized that she needed help.

I reached out to her younger brother, and I learnt that she had Limerence. It makes her obsessive and she doesn’t make the effort to try and get help. But then Cianna, she threatened you. When I refused her again, she said that she had to get rid of you. I didn’t want to take her seriously, but how couldn’t I? She was determined and always ended up in my house uninvited. I couldn’t take that risk.

You think that night when you 'caught' me cheating was by chance? I purposely did that so that you would leave me. And I knew that if you were the one who left, you would've stayed away for sure. That was why I didn’t do it myself. If I broke up with you for no reason, I know you would've came around and demand a reason.

So, when I took you to dinner, I had Mia come there. I kept her close, knowing you would've come looking for me. I know this all sounds crazy, and I could've simply told you what happened. But I was a coward fool and I didn’t know how to tell you that I had sex with an obsessive woman, and now she's threatening your life.

In all honesty, I thought at the time that letting you catch me cheating was better. But then I realized how much I hurt you. As much as you were safe away from Mia, which was my goal, I had to tell you the truth for your own peace of mind. My plan was to get Mia the help she needs, and then try and get you back.