CHAPTER FIVE

This is it.

I was about have sex on my kitchen island with a man I met a few days ago. Nothing crazy about that of course.

I tried not to think about it too much, so I mainly focused on my body and how much on fire it was.

Tristan was a great kisser, that's for sure. The way he gripped the back of my neck with one hand and my waist with the other drove me crazy. The way he moved his lips in a rhythmatic manner on mine pushed my feelings to a certain ecstatic high that was enough to drive me insane.

He licked my bottom lip slowly and deadly, causing me to gasp at how tingly it felt, and he wasted no time in claiming my tongue with his. He deepened the kiss, taking me in body, soul and mind through just one simple kiss. It made me eager to see what he would do to me with more than just that, and I was more than prepared to experience it.

He trailed kisses down my cheek and to my neck as his hand slowly moved from my waist to my thigh, where he steadily ran his fingers over a rip in my jeans exposing my skin. He continued teasing me with his fingers and I was pretty sure that I would have to hide my neck with scarfs for a while after today.

My body was getting impatient, and I found myself moaning at his very touch, begging him for more. The only thing I could think of was how much I felt like I needed him--how much I felt like his foreign touch was home to me.

"Cianna? " He asked in a husky tone with his breath hot on my neck.

"Yea?" I replied, almost inaudibly.

"Are you sure? "

I nodded frantically, not being able to say more. My clothes felt like leaches stuck to me that I so desperately wanted to get rid of, but couldn't on my own.

He captured my lips again in a kiss full of want and desire. His fingers grazed the exposed skin under my crop top, as he slowly began to lift it up. We broke away for a moment as he attempted to discard the fabric from my body, but suddenly, something else broke in my house, and but wasn't our kiss this time.

I squealed in surprise as my eyes quickly darted to the kitchen exit. Tristan too was alerted and as fast as I could scream, he was stiff, vigilant and scanning the area with his gun in his hand.

The darkness in his eyes didn't resemble the one that had desire anymore; it was more of a dangerous look, like he was daring an enemy to attack.

I shuffled from the island to wobbly feet, and his hand immediately shot up to halt me.

"Stay here " He commanded lowly, almost sending shivers through me again with the husky boom of his voice. But of course, I didn't obey him and I followed closely behind him to the living room.

He held the gun up to in front of him as he slowly walked through the kitchen exit that led to my living room.

I peeked over his shoulder to see what might've been out of place, but the only thing that I saw was that my front door was half opened.

Eventually, Tristan lowered his weapon once he was sure we were alone. It seemed as if the intruder ran through the door and broke someone the way.

"Right here" I heard Tristan say, and I followed his gaze to my favourite vase laying shattered on the floor. I frowned at it as I stooped to pick up the pieces, but he quickly stopped me.