CHAPTER FOURTEEN

My phone rang for the umpteenth time since I left that hospital room, but I couldn't get a good chance to answer Tristan or my dad, since I was too busy answering a ton of questions being thrown at me by staff members.

I frowned slightly when I saw that it was my dad who was calling. I had no idea how he might've heard about what happened so quickly, but I assumed that Tristan called him when I didn't answer his seven calls. Tristan was on his way here anyways, so at least he would actually see that I was okay. Well, physically at that.

"Dad?" I mumbled in the phone while I sat on the edge of an open ambulance outside the hospital's entrance.

"Hey sweetheart. Are you okay? A friend of mine told me that you were in trouble" His worried voice rushed out through the line.

I couldn't help but chuckle at that. I forgot that my dad had friends in every grapevine of every establishment. Of course he would've heard. Someone must've called him the minute they saw that I was the 'center' of the attention.

"I'm fine dad. It was Mia. She tried to kill me again but I managed to live and she escaped again"

"And how are you saying it like it's no big deal?" He sounded flabbergasted at my tone, but honestly, I was just over the whole situation. I shrugged, but remembered that he couldn't see me.

"I don't know dad. If I die then so be it. At least you guys will be safe. That girl that saved my life, Jessica? Well she could've gotten hurt today again because Mia was after me. I honestly wouldn't be able to live with the fact that someone got hurt because of me. They need to catch her before she actually does something big. I cant believe she..she's just too smart dad, and she has people working for her so I don't know when to look over my back" 

I sighed, hating the weight of it all on my shoulders. I never stopped to consider that I could justbe walking and have someone shoot me. And in the crossfire, dad, Emily, Jessica or God forbid, Tristan could be hurt too. Of course I didn't want to die, but if I can just get her alone, I'd just end her and-

"Cianna?"

"Yes?" I shook my head as my dad's voice shook me from my murderous thoughts. I wasn't actually thinking about killing her, but I was sick of her and her crazy tactics.

She was obviously insane. She still blamed me for taking Sheldon away from her, when she was the one who killed him.

"I'm on my way. Sit tight till I get there"

"No no dad. I'm fine really" My eyes involuntarily did a scan for the one person I really wanted to see. "You don't have to come all the way down here. I'm actually leaving now."

He was quiet for a while as if weighing his options, but eventually he sighed in defeat and gave it up. "Okay. But let me know if anything changes"

"Will do. Remember it's Prince's bath day. Love you bye!" I quickly ended the call before he could protest, since my baby can get a bit anxious on bath day.

I felt bad leaving him to babysit, but I didn't think taking my dog to Tristan's was appropriate, and leaving him at home to starve wasn't smart either.

I sighed with a slouch as I pulled the thin blanket tighter around my shoulders. I watched as officers went in and out the hospital, looking if Mia left anything, or if she was still on the compound.

By far, she was a wanted suspect and was deemed dangerous, but I wasn't even concern THAT MUCH about her, but who could be working for her. At least I knew what she looked like, I had no idea who her comrades were.

I rubbed my eyes gently, glad that the effects of the pepper spray wore off faster than I expected. It only watered a few times, as if getting rid of the remaining substance, but anyone would've easily thought that I was crying.