CHAPTER ONE

Opening Song:

Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande

***

I admit, I was wrong.

I said some things in the break-up message that didn't look too good on my part, and maybe I meant each and every thing I said.

But I didn't kill that son of a- I mean, poor departed soul.

The guy was a lying cheating douche and I maybe had come up with multiple murder plans in my head, but I have my own a life to deal with. Why throw it away for someone not worth it?

I mean, I was sad that he's dead and all, and I felt guilty that it was only two days after I ended things in a very verbose text message, but oddly I felt normal.

One might've said that I was heartless and even though things ended badly between us, I should've still been even the least bit affected. But I wasn't. Maybe it just hadn't sunk in yet, or maybe I was actually cold hearted. And that very same nonchalant unemotional expression of mine was only bringing me into deeper shit with the authorities.

"For the last time, I didn't kill him!" I shouted exasperated. I was getting real annoyed at the situation that I was in, and I felt like I would actually kill someone for real this time.

I was handcuffed to a table in a pathetic room with a police who seemed to have had too many doughnuts guarding the door. No one was listening to me, and I hated being ignored. Hated it. Especially when I knew I was right.

"Will you at least free my hand? I see no reason why I need to be cuffed to this raggedy ass table."

"That mouth of yours is going to get you in a lot of trouble Miss Leir" the officer that brought me here said while entering the room.

"I have my rights. I deserve a phone call" I shot back, ignoring her statement since it was very much true.

"There's no need for a call. You're only here for questioning."

"So why aren't I being questioned?" I asked, raising my free hand in irritation. "I've been here for an hour and no one but Mr Grumpy over there has paid me any mind. This is terrible customer service"

If I didn't know better, I would've thought that she almost laughed, but she composed herself quickly. "This is not a store Ms Leir, and you will be out as soon as the detective gets here"

Great. The last thing I needed was for another old grumpy person to sit here in front of me and question me for a next hour.

"I'm not answering anything without my lawyer" I stubbornly declared, crossing my free arm over my chest.

"You know if you would just calm down this will be way easier for both of us right?" She mumbled in a bored tone.

"Well Officer Pam, my hand hurts, my electricity bill is going up for no reason since you gave me no chance to turn everything off before you basically dragged me here, and I'm pretty sure that I left something on the stove. So if my house is in flames, I'll make no hesitation to do the same to yours" I gritted out, and her eyebrow shot up in surprise and a little amusement.