CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

It has been twelve days since I got stabbed. Twelve days since Mia died, and Twelve days since my dad committed a crime that landed him in jail.

Contrastly, it have been five days since I've been discharged from the hospital. Five days telling myself that I wasn’t going to visit my dad, and five days since I've spoken to Tristan.

I hated myself for avoiding him like this. I knew he wasn’t the blame of any of this. I wanted him so damn much to hold me, tell me everything will be okay, but anytime I saw my phone blazing up with a call from him, I didn’t pick it up.

I only spoke to him once to get my dog back that he kept for me when my dad was arrested, while I was still in the hospital. I suppose he was giving me space, since he didn’t come to my house either. And as much as I was the one avoiding him, I hated that he hadn’t.

What do I want then? I didn’t pick up his calls, yet I wanted him to come to my house? Well in all honesty, I just knew that talking to him would only lead to him apologizing again, like what he did when I was in the hospital, and I didn’t want him to. It wasn’t his fault that my dad was in in jail, even if he arrested him.

I got over that. He was doing his job. Yet deep down--deep deep down, I was just afraid that he would tell me that all the evidence is linked and my dad really killed Sheldon too.

It wasn’t because I didn’t want to talk to him, because, hell I did. But by now, all the forensic and all those cop reports wouldn’t come back from Mia's murder, which meant that that they would know for sure I both cases are indeed linked. That could send him away for life. Hell, Mia's murder alone would send him away for life. But Sheldon's murder...that was a lot.

Every time I thought about it, my heart broke. Over the days of thinking, I convinced myself that I hated him for even thinking of doing that. Like, why kill them?! And for a mere mortal like me? But deep down I knew I couldn’t hate my dad. No matter what he did, I couldn’t hate him. He was still my dad, and though I hate what he did, I cant hate him.

I hadn’t visited him because I didn’t know what I'd do or even say to him. But tomorrow is his bail hearing, and that meant I'd see both Tristan and my dad. And all the running away from real life that I had been doing, will come to an end.

"Cianna! Come down for dinner sweetheart!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs.

I sighed, as I gazed in the mirror. The fact that I hadn’t been eating was starting to take notice. Maybe it was the stress or the pain killers that made me sleep 24/7, so I barely ate.

I was actually glad that my mom decided to stay with me to 'take care' of me while I recovered. I knew it was a win-win for her, since she still hadn’t made up with her husband and needed a place to stay. She also wanted to be close to me while I got better, so it was all good for her.

I didn’t mind her company and she was really a help. It reminded me of when I was a child and I got sick. She would pamper me until I was all better. The relationship that she is trying to build was actually working.

It wasn’t broken to the point where it couldn’t be mended, but I had my doubts. It was good to know that those doubts were easily dismissed. Hers couldn’t compare to the relationship I had with my dad, but it was somewhat there.

I sighed, pulling on my dress with a light wince. My wound had been healing well, but it was still evident that I was stabbed. Sometimes, it's like I could feel the knife in my back still. It was terrible. All in all. I have not been okay.