CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

My legs shook in anticipation a I waited in the car. It was my dad's bail hearing, but I just knew I couldn’t go inside.

His lawyer and old friend, Larry, greeted me before they went in, and he actually assured me that my dad would be okay and he'll do all he can to get him free.

But that was the issue. Did I want him to be free?

Of course I missed my dad and wished that everything could go back to normal like this never happened, but something did happen. And if he really killed those people, no matter how much I loved him, he cant walk free.

I felt guilty. There was a possibility that Sheldon was dead only because I was with him. MY DAD took someone's life in my name. I hated that.

I was happy that I had Tristan with me. I felt bad for ghosting him those past days. But after last night, I was reminded why I fell in love with him in the first place. Yep. I love Tristan Deckor.

At first it occurred as a surprise to me. But how could I not? I admit, at first I was attracted to him because of how hot and alluring he was, and the feeling was mutual on his part. But after getting to know him--the real him, I couldn't help but fall in love with everything about him. The man has the heart of a million angels all in one, not to mention his sexy protectiveness and determination. He's hardworking, and full of morals. Who wouldn’t fall in love with him?

And the best part about it all was that he loved me too. That was the greatest feeling ever. He loved me, and he showed it in everything he does.

I had to be grateful that he was so understanding too. I wasn’t fair to him, yet he simply brushed it off and stayed with me all night last night. When he had to leave this morning to go home for clothes, I felt empty inside. I couldn’t help the never-ending need to be around him always. I knew it was my grief that caused my clingy state, but luckily he didn’t mind.

I checked my watch for the umpteenth time as I gazed at the large courthouse. I didn’t know what they were doing so long. It couldn’t be too hard to tell a man if he could be temporarily free or not. Right?

I knew Larry had his ways, so this could most likely go in my dad's favour for now. I just hated being alone in the car.

After what seemed like ages, a familiar face emerged from the court, and my heart surged in a number of emotions as I met him across the road. Tristan rested his hand on the good side of my back as he led me to a shady spot under a tree, and I waited eagerly to hear the news.

"The judge granted him bail" He said firstly, and I was both happy and irritated at it. I couldn't tell if I want him to be locked up or free until trial.

Then again, I was taken by surprise. I really thought that they would've denied him bail. He did, after all, killed two people. It just goes to show how persuasive Larry really was.

"When will-when will be the trial?" I questioned. Tristan had that look that told me he didn’t want to 'stress me', but he knew I would rather hearing it from him.

"In a month" He provided, and I brought my fingers to my lips to bite my nails--a nervous habit of mine. "Hey come here" He pulled me to his chest, placing a single kiss on my forehead before directing my gaze to his. "We're gonna get through this okay?"

I nodded. "Thank you for being my rock...But, have you connected both the murders yet?"

"We're working on it" He mumbled with a slight frown. "But that lawyer is good. We need to have the evidence solid without any loops for a jury to be convinced"

Sexy Ass Detective And MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara