14.2 - New Family Member

"Oya~ So this is the kitten?" Kuroo questioned, petting your cat along with Yaku. It seemed like the two and Lev came to see the kitten you and Kenma have been talking about. Kuroo held his hand low to the kitten, commanding. "Paw." Out of curiosity, the kitten laid its paw on his hand. "Looks like she's capable of tricks. Yosh, let's teach her some tricks. Could've called her Grilled Dog."

You sighed. "She ain't a dog, Kuroo." Lev scooped her up, making her hiss. "Oi, Lev, be gentle with my child."

"Haha. Look she loves me!" Lev laughed while you listened to your child, constantly hissing. "She sure is scary! How about name her, 'Kuroo'?"

"Oya? Named after me? That would be nice." It piqued Kuroo's interest as he tried to reach for the kitten, but you quickly snatched her from their grasp.

"No! If I name her after you, she'll grow up to be a fucking rooster-dickhead like you!" You hated the idea of your innocent child turning into a mess like Kuroo.

Yaku added onto your protest. "That's right! What if you make her grow up to have a sharp tongue like yours!" As Yaku reached to pet the kitten, she hissed at him.

Kuroo laughed. "I'm sure she already got that from me. I guess naming her after me would be better than Grilled Dog."

"What the hell came to you to think of that dumb name?!" You shouted, questioning his sanity.

"That child already knows 'Paw' and some tricks, so she already acts a bit like a dog. Plus her fur and shape makes her look like as charred as a grilled dog." Kuroo explained as you gave an expression of disgust to him. "Don't look at me like that."

"How about you name her?... 'Обугленный Дик'" Lev suggested as everyone stared at him with confusion.

You asked, "Excuse me? What the hell does that mean? I'm not naming my child that."

"Well, she's been acting like a dick to me!" Lev pouted, trying to steal the child, just to get scratched. "Ow! See!"

"She's pretty hot-tempered... what's a good name for someone with that temper?" Yaku contemplated to himself. "Dog..."

"Okay, first. No names that has dog or anything dog-related. Secondly, you guys are losing your naming suggestion rights as soon as I hear a ridiculous name. Sit down with your hands up." You chided to the trio, as Yaku and Lev obeyed, besides Kuroo.

"Burnt Chinese Food." Kuroo suggested with his grin.

You stood up quickly, speaking with an annoyed tone. "That's it. I'm fucking done with you." You pointed to Kuroo, commanding the kitten. "Attack!"

The kitten seemed to be confused, but she sure didn't like Kuroo, so she pounced on him, scratching his face. He yelped, "Ow! Chill!" You heard the door open, with your eyes trailing to the entrance, you saw Kenma walk in at the chaos. All he saw was Yaku and Lev, sitting with hands up and Kuroo, being harassed by the kitten. "Kenma, help! Please!"

"Uh..." Kenma just looked at the trio blankly before going up to you with a bag of food. "I got us some food..."

"OI! KENMA?! YOU'RE IGNORING ME! AT LEAST HELP YOUR BEST FRIEND!" Kuroo yelled as he tried to get the kitten off his face, but it continued to cling on.

Kenma hesitantly turned to Kuroo, then with his eyes averting from him, apologizing. "Sorry, that kid's temper is like (Y/n). I don't want to mess with her..."

"Is my temper really like that?!" You questioned.

"If you're angry like that, yes." Kenma reluctantly replied, sighing to the trio. "I didn't hear anything about you guys coming..."

Kuroo laughed, still struggling to pull the kitten off his face. "Well, you see- I forget the keys here when I came with Yakkun and Lev, so I just picked on the lock. We just happened to come here before (Y/n) even woke up!"

"Isn't that illegal...?" Kenma asked concerningly with a sigh. "Are you still thinking about a name?"

"Yeah... all of these idiots' suggestions were terrible. One of the names were Russian and I couldn't understand a shit!" You exclaimed.

"Oh, did I not mention it meant 'Charred Dick'?" Lev added on with his cheery tone as you were about to hold a chair up, but Kenma held onto your arms to restrain you. "Don't hit me with that!"

"What's up with you all and these horrible names?! I swear to god I'm going to hit you with this chair!" You seemed done with this trio at this point with the urge to hit them.

Kenma seemed calm regardless of your bad temper, he nonchantly suggested. "How about we name it Berry? Like me with Apple and you for Cherry for our pie matching names." You stopped your movements, taking a bit to take it in. You slowly put down the chair with a wide smile on your face.

"Oh my gosh?! You actually thought of a decent name for our child! I'm so happy!" You mused, gently picking the kitten off of Kuroo's face. "Your name will be Berry!" Berry licked your cheeks happily as you continue to chuckle

Kuroo sighed in relief from being released from that hell. "Girls are crazy, man..."

"I know that well..." Kenma sighed along with Kuroo. It seemed like the girls of the apartment are finally cheered up. Who cares if Lev and Yaku has been sitting in your apartment overnight waiting to be released from the naughty corner when your child is finally named?! You're not paying for any first-aid kits or skincare products to fix Kuroo's fucked up face! The new official family member of your pie family, Berry, is here!