31.2 - For Our Amusement

"Kenma... you don't need to push yourself, okay?..." You questioned your boyfriend with his pale, sweating face drooping down. Your cold water bottle tapped his cheeks as he weakly grabbed onto it. Letting out a sigh, you pat down his back. "Kenma, it's okay... Your phone is in a good place now..." You tried to comfort with the thought of Kenma's phone that flicked off his forehead and down the rails of the rollercoaster.

He leaned back, resting the bottle in his head. "It's fine, I can always buy another. I just don't want to go on another... Look at Azumane... he already reached his limit." His finger pointed to the bearded male, sickly tumbling around as his spikey-haired companion bounced around him.

"Asahi-san! Asahi-san! Let's go to that ride next!" Nishinoya pulled the male towards to an entrance shaped like a shark's mouth, which made him look in terror. "(Y/n)! Kenma! Are you coming?!"

You giggled awkwardly, turning to your boyfriend that was drained 20 years of his lifespan. "I'm good! Have fun!" Ah, you were praying to yourself that baby Jesus would stop looking at you with whimpers. "Sorry, dude... A small cost for salivation..." Your hand trailed to his hood to hang it down on his head. "You alright, Kenma?"

"Yeah... I don't mind going to any other rides, just... not what Nishinoya chooses." Kenma gave a huge sigh as he gulped down the cold water that slightly dripped down his chin. "When I say I'll watch for my own entertainment, I didn't mean join in myself..."

"Unfortunately, he dragged you into his own fun." You laughed, kicking the pebbles below the bench. "Having fun?"

"No..."

"Do you want to have fun with me then?"

Kenma peeped to sneak a glance at you beneath his hood. Yours that matched with his hoodie, covered your whole hair with sleeves that laid on your cheeks was all he can see. You smiled at him, waiting for his response. Letting out an exhale, he responded. "Sure..."

You excitedly picked your feet up at, tugging at the male with black hair and blonde highlights. "I'll make sure they won't be too quick for us. Let's take our time, okay?"

Your smile caught to him as he started to take the initiative with his slim fingers wrapped around yours. "I don't trust you. I think I can choose the better rides."

"Huh?? Come on, you're probably going to be lost and choose the worst possible ride with that brain that has been hiding under the rock." Rolling your eyes, you still let yourself be pulled away by your boyfriend. You felt the slightest wave of heat reach to your neck when your eyes laid upon his back of his hoodie. Both colors and patterns of your hoodie matched with his, it satisfied you to see the both of you match. "Kenma, where are you going?"

"I don't know. I think I'm lost." He replied back, making you facepalm.

"Where are we going without a map? Hold on, maybe I should pull out the map on my pho-" Before you can finish, Kenma's hand quickly held onto yours, making you shaken by the surprise. "Kenma?"

"Why not explore without a map? Wouldn't it be more interesting? Nishinoya will be off the backs. How about just the two of us?" A lazy smirk came up to his lips, making you grumble. You can already tell he's more than amused by this idea.

Even so, it isn't something you don't hate. You swayed towards his side, boldly clasping his arm in yours with fingers interlocked with his. The small jolt he gave made you giggle. "If that's the way you want to play it, let's go anywhere you want to go. That would be more amusing, considering you're a shut in."

Kenma groaned at your sarcastic remark. "Don't make it sound like that. I'm not..." He abruptly stopped with his attention shifted on a boat that slowly followed the water's flow. "How about there? It seems calm."

"For a ride that's calm, it has seats that face forward with belts... you sure?"

With confidence, he nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure." You sighed with a grin as the both of you approached the ride. As time passes, you see yourself, crawling into the seats while Kenma's arm carefully laid on you. Chuckling at the cute, gentlemanly gestures he made, you seized his pinkie to hold on for reassurance. "Hmm, what's up?"

"Ah... it's just... I don't really trust you with choosing the rides. The way this is structured doesn't make it safe... We didn't even look at the signs..."

"It's fine, doesn't it seem relaxing for now?" He questioned. His face immediately contorted into disgust at the sounds of loud smooching in front. You two sobbed silently to the loud flirting.

"Stop holding my hand like that, Andy~"

"Haha, no you, Menmen, dear..."

You glanced over to Kenma with the face of absolute revolt, making you chuckle. Tightening your grip around his pinky, you pouted with his attention on you. "How about we do the same?"

The tips of your fingers brushed against his palm, making him giggle with confirmation. "Sure..."

As both of yours hands slowly start to grasp with each other, you jumped at the sudden roar from all the way in the back. "DO NOT HOLD HANDS OR KISS BEFORE MARRIAGE, KIDS!"

Your hand pulled back the surprise, quietly cursing out. "Holy shit, a hateful dad, I hear..."

"Don't mind... your dad was like that with 'no dating before marriage' too." Kenma's hand smoothly crept to yours, holding them with ease. You caught glance of his cheery grin. "Too bad, I haven't made my move yet. How about now?"

Tilting your head in confusion, it suddenly burst red when you comprehended his words. You can feel the heat getting to you more with his face closing into yours. With eyes, slowly closing, you prepared yourself until your phone vibrated. It shook the two of you away as you rushed to check it. "H-Holy shit, he actually made his move? They're together now?? That was fast-"

"Not a surprise, since he's impatient." Kenma snorted, then widened his eyes as he looked forward. "(Y/n)... didn't we climb something steep earlier? What's the light there then?"

You faced forward to have a glimpse of the blue sky that peeked out of dark den, which made you panik as soon as your eyes laid on Kenma. "Oh, shiTTTTTTTTT!!!" You cursed out as soon as the boat came down the steep rails back to the entrance, leaving you soaked and hands grabby. "Ah... fuck, maybe we should've read the sign... I lost my phone..."

"We can always buy you another..." Kenma groaned, taking off his wet hoodie. He helped you out of the boat as the both of you squeezed the living hell of the water in your hoodies. "Well... maybe it's a good thing to look at signs sometimes..."

"I feel like there was someone we know who holds all of our braincells so that we don't go loose." You sighed as your body limped out to a bench. "Ah, fuck, Kuroo has them!"

Kenma covered his soft laugh behind his clammy hand with wet shoes in the other. "That was fun though... Let's come back here when we actually read the signs, okay?"

Giggling at his comment, you abruptly stopped with a question. "Didn't... we just lose our only source of communication in that ride?"

Staring at Kenma, the both of you sweat heavily back and forth at the ride where you lost your phone, slurring curses. "AH FUCK!"

i don't recommend taking ap biology btw, coming from a junior 🧍