28 - Caramel

imagine being the one author that has inconsistent updates... well yeah...

also for anyone that already did their ap exams or have them coming up, good luck and good job to ygs :) (i think i failed mine)

"(Y/n)?... Are you mad?" Your boyfriend questioned, leaning towards your side. You kept backing up to the furthest you can on the couch with a pout remaining on your face. Eyes remained on the tv without flinching. "I'm sorry for eating your pudding..." You remained motionless and unresponsive, sulking. "How can I make it up to you?"

You gave a little 'hmph' before sneaking a glance at him. "I was saving the pudding for the movie night. I even made sure to put notes everywhere. You're telling me that you were half-asleep when you ate it around 4 in the morning...? That's why you need more sleep! Hmph." From the corner of your vision, you see Kenma, looking through Google Maps with a grimace. "What are you doing now?"

"Finding the closest konbini... They're far." He groaned.

"Dude, they're only 10 minutes away..." A chuckle escaped. You knew that Kenma wasn't someone willing to make up that badly with anyone else, but you. Somehow, it's a cute thing about him of how much his annoyance is unconsciously shown on his face. He still will do anything for you though. Even if it meant doing things he despise. "What are you even going to do there?..."

He let out a sigh before standing up. "I'll be back... don't worry." Kenma wouldn't take anytime to dress himself when he's in a rush, only wearing a simple black hoodie and small bun.

Even though he doesn't tell you what he does, it's pretty easy to assume a vague idea what he's doing based on actions. Kenma would do anything to make you happy. It was a sweet side of his you love dearly. You couldn't wait what surprise he will bring home. Looking at Berry, she snuggled up to your legs as you giggled. Picking up the cat, you nuzzled noses together. "What do you think Kenma is going to do, sweetie?" You couldn't hold your excitement.

—————

"(Y-Y/n)..." You heard your name being called out in between pants from your boyfriend that lingered by the door. He held a bag in one hand that laid on the doorknob. Exhaustion was evident on Kenma's face. "I'm home..."

"Welcome back home? Why the hell are you so tired?"

"I kind of ran..."

You took a moment to process what he said, cracking down in laughter. "Y-You? Running?! Oh my gosh, Kenma... don't say shit like that." When he walked over towards you, he dropped a whole bag with loads of pudding shown inside. "Holy- You actually bought all of this?"

"I know this one is your favorite pudding, so I bought every last of them. You're happy for a week load of them, right?" He questioned, sitting down by you. "I won't touch this week's supply. I promise." You let out a small snicker at the male. "What's so funny now?"

A smile couldn't be restrained on your lips from the overwhelming love you feel towards Kenma. It was adorable to see him try hard. "I was thinking of how cute you are."

"I'm not."

"Are too!"

"Are not."

"... Are too."

"Let's not talk about it." Kenma turned his head away from you to pretend he's playing with Berry on the floor. Little did he know, you can see his red ears under his loose hair strands. Reaching over to grab your pudding, you enjoyed the small feast with giddy smiles. "Am I forgiven yet?"

You hummed playfully. "Hmmm, well you did go your way to buy a week supply of pudding even though you didn't have to. Well, let's have it as a yes, I forgive you then~" Leaning to his side, you rested your head on his shoulder. When you were about to eat the pudding on your spoon, Kenma snatched it with his mouth before you can. "Hey, you freaking rat!"

"I need a reward for running all the way for this." He slightly grinned. You pouted at him. A smirk came across your lips as you leaned forward to close the distance between you two. His eyes widen by the sudden surprise, but you felt his lips curl up into a smile as he held onto the back of your head gently. Thought that you would be the one to make him flushed, but looks like it was you instead. Heat rushed to your face immediately until Berry hissed. It made you two jump to switch attention to her. "What's wrong, Berry?"

Kenma's stare stayed onto you for a moment before tending to her. Berry kept trying to poke her nose underneath the lowest layer of the table. You gulped. "Berry, dear? It's dangerous..."

"Is there something below the table?" Kenma asked, bending down to look underneath. His slim fingers travelled underneath it to find a mysterious box laid underneath. "Since when did we have a box under here?" A second gulp came as he opened the lid to see a shatter disc with words that matched 'Wii Sports'. Kenma's lips drooped to a frown before eyeing you suspiciously. "Explain."

You gulped for a third time. Kenma wanted to play Wii Sports before with you, but it was hard to tell him. Hesitation was obvious in your tone. "W-Well... The day before you asked to play... Berry broke it... I'm so sorry, Kenma..." No expression changed on his face, only sighing.

"No, it's fine. I'm not mad." He tried to reassure you. That was a lie. You can see his forehead scrunch up with the slightest irritation with him on the furthest side from you. Kenma stayed silent for the first few minutes of the movie.

You tried to eat more pudding to calm your nerves, but you couldn't. A sensation of guilt overcame you to break into tears. A few tears dropped before sniffing. Kenma heard your small sniffs as you chewed onto your spoon. He scooted over with legs touching as his arms wrapped around you. "I'm sorry... I wanted to play Wii Sports too... I don't want to make you sad... You're mad at me..."

His fingers slowly brushed through your hair as you tried to hold back your sniffs. He sneaked a kiss near your eyes before apologizing. "Sorry... I was annoyed that you didn't tell me soon enough... Please tell me next time. Don't cry, (Y/n)..."

"Gosh! I actually thought you were going to sulk the whole day too! Hmph..." You remarked, wiping the tears off harshly with your sleeve. Kenma held onto your wrist, kissing the tears kindly away. "Hmmmph... I'm sorry... What can I do to make up to you?..."

You both locked eyes before Kenma let out a sly smirk. By that look, you could already tell what happened even before he started to tease your lower lip. You felt his brush against yours ever so gently. Your legs continue to kick around out of impatience and fingers tapped on his shoulders quickly. Kenma gave a soft chuckle at your behavior. "Are you that excited?"

"Shush, Kenma... You keep teasing me." He would tease you most of the time, always testing your patience. "What do you want?..."

"You." No hesitation in the response as you felt your boyfriend finally lock his lips with yours. The faint taste of caramel lingered between those lips. You can feel his sweet giggles between breaths. Your eyes felt heavy, enamored with your boyfriend for every touch he made. You both looked at each other endearingly before poking noses at each other. "So cute."