34.2 - Missed You

"(Y/n)?! It's almost night! We made dinner, you know... ramen!" You can hear Bokuto whimper behind your door as your hands trembled, carefully placing glass shards over glue. Gritting your teeth, you tried to ignore the male's pleads. You sighed at the uneven parts with the white material leaking between glass. "Ne! (Y/n)! Let's buy some snacks from konbini!"

"I'm busy!" You yelled, facepalming when the glass shards that were glued fell apart. "Ah, fuck..." Your fingers already felt weak to collect the shards again. Perhaps it was frustration, but you could not handle the thought of seeing a memory be broken. "Will Kenma get mad?..." You sniffed, watching your fingers shake violently at the broken pieces.

Eyes wandered off to the many wooden photo frames with you and him, but the glass photo frame was much more special. You still clung onto that broken photo frame because of the words he imprinted. It made you giggle, knowing he was a shy kid. "'Can you stay with me?'" How cute. He was way too timid to even speak such embarrassing words. You were too dense to even understand what that meant until after you two started dating. It was nostalgic.

"(Y/n)?" A familiar small voice spoke behind the door, making you cock your head. "I'm home. Are you alright? I heard you haven't been eating."

Your lips quivered, panicking at the shattered mess, rushing to put the glued parts and remains in a box. You could've told him it was an accident, but it was scary because you weren't unsure how to feel afterwards. Once you hid away the box, you hurried to the door and open it, slightly panting at the quick sweat you built up. "I'm fine! How was work?"

"It came out good. We finished early..." Kenma let out a sigh, pulling down his toe before landing a peck on your head. "How's your ankle? Don't push yourself too much."

"It's fine~ It's better now, besides you had it harder." You giggled, fiddling with fingers. Kenma's stare was piercing a hole through your chest, it was pressuring. "Do you want anything for dinner?"

"No. Not today." Kenma responded, placing a plastic bag on the bed, putting you into confusion. He pointed to the bag, taking off his coat. "Where's the photo frame?"

You gulped. "I- They told you?"He nodded, making you sigh. "Well... it's in here..." You trudged to the bed and bent over to reach your hand underneath. Your hands found a small cardboard box, opening to reveal a scattered mess of glass. "Sorry..."

"It's fine, but the picture seems fine." He picked up the picture and brushed up any dust. "We can get another frame, you know. You didn't need to try to fix this."

"But... it was our anniversary and graduation gift..." Your face drooped in disappointment, eyes tracing the glass shards. "Yeah... I know... we can get another one..."

A hand plopped on your head, bringing you to surprise when you looked up at Kenma. "But you don't want to replace it, right? I already know this much because the first time you got mad at me was replacing anything important."

You pouted. "You make it sound like I'm annoying."

"Sometimes, you are."

"You're not supposed to be blunt about it..." He let out a small chuckle at your response before pulling popsicle sticks and markers out of the bag. "We can make another one then."

Tilting your head, you questioned. "For real? What's up with you? You would never suggest such a thing..."

"Kuroo and Bokuto has been panicking a lot, so they pushed me to help you... I wasn't expecting for them to grab materials to make a frame... I could've just bought a photo frame if I wanted to... but... I know they want to make up with you."

You groaned. "Sorry... I'm just being stubborn... I can't really get over it... I've been crying about this for a while, but I just can't seem to let go of it."

"It's not a surprise nor a bad thing. You care a lot for it. There's no reason to apologize for crying. We can make another frame if that's fine for you." Kenma ruffled your hair as he reached for a bag of popsicle sticks and stickers while shaking pocky boxes off his sleeve "How do you make one...?"

Giggling, you tapped his shoulder and pointed to the laptop. "We can always look it up on YouTube. I don't want you to get hurt again."

"Crafts aren't my thing. What were you expecting?" He twirled around his loose hair strands with a sigh. "I missed a lot... it wasn't what I expected when I got home."

"What were you expecting to see when you got home then?"

"Not you crying."

"Is it bothersome?"

"Yeah."

"Do you dislike being here when I cry?"

"Yeah."

"I see... I caused a lot of trouble, sorry..."

"... Come here."

You felt Kenma's hand reach around your back as his body leaned forward to bring the distance between you two closer. His bone slightly poked out of his collar as you nuzzled your nose against it. Weakly, your fingers clung onto his waist as he rocked you gently around in his embrace. "You said I was bothersome..."

"Doesn't mean I can't take care of you. As bothersome as it is, it will be worse off if I let you cry."

"Aren't you a mean jerk..."

"Do you hate me for being a jerk?"

Pinching his cheeks, you responded. "Yeah... You're too honest... but..." Kenma kept his stare at you when you both exchanged looks. Holding onto the male, you continued. "I know you're not a complete jerk if you're nice enough to buy me my favorite pocky."

You can see Kenma's cheeks dust pink as it led up to his ears, mumbling. "You weren't supposed to see in the bag..."

"I know my boyfriend is soooo... loving... and caring... and..." You paused to tap on his nose with a singular finger with a smile. "So cute!"

"You're teasing me too much. I'll throw you if you continue."

"Wait, Kenma~ You wouldn't do that, would you? I can hardly believe my cute boyfriend would do such a thing to someone precious as me."

Abruptly, your body swung around with your back against the bed with him hovering above you. His fingers tugged onto the knot of the tie, loosening it as he goes. You gulped when he pushed his hair back. "I told you I will throw you if you continue. You're precious to me, that's why I can do that."

"Are you trying to tease me back?" You asked with your arms held out and laid on his shoulders, pulling him with a large grin. "Come here, Kenma... I missed you a lot." He pouted before dropping into your arms with his weight shifted on you. Series of giggles escaped from your lips as you caress his cheeks. "Did you miss me?"

Your question made him crack up a slight smile, holding onto your hand to kiss it. "Yeah... I did."