34.1 - Messy Mistake

"Hey, (Y/n)... I think my ass accidentally broke the sink instead of the toilet." Bokuto heaved a sigh with fingers that fiddled with each other, pouting with eyes averted from you. Definitely was not the right person or time for this shit. "I'm sorry, you know! I may have accidentally sprained your ankle by letting you fall off the ladder and slipped, but still... I want to help..."

"Oh... Bokuto..." He made your tone soft, tugging slightly onto the material of your shirt around your chest. Then your face dropped into a grimace, pushing your unhurt foot onto his face. "Oi, you can't even fix a doorknob without breaking it. I called you to finish the rest of my tasks, but you're breaking everything, huh? Don't fuck with me, you didn't even hold onto the ladder because a fucking butterfly caught your attention."

Bokuto started tearing up. "I'm so sorry, (Y/n)!!!"

You groaned in frustration, gripping onto his face with head cocking to your right where a piss-blonde haired male sat with his food. "You're no different, Atsumu! You rat with stealing all of my chips and candy!"

"I don't want to mess up my nails, you know." He responded nonchalantly, licking the red remains of hot cheetos of his fingers. You grunted at his contradiction. "I mean, you did help us move. Thanks to this bad boy..." You rolled your eyes with his dirty fingers that pointed to your favorite drink on the table.

"Do you not feel any guilt for my ankle?"

"I didn't do anything to make it break, so no."

"Sakusa! Do something about this rat and owl! I can't handle them..." You cried out to the black-haired male that grumbled behind his mask. He lingered very, very far away in the corner from the others, being unresponsive. "Oh my god... where's Shoyo when you need him?..."

Atsumu snorted, tossing an apple. "He's busy, you know. Our air conditioner broke, that's why we're here."

You let out a sigh, shaking your head. "I feel like everyone keeps coming just for that... you idiots sprained my ankle... even said you'll take care of me to make up, but what the fuck... Bokuto broke everything within an hour with his ass apparently."

"It was an accident! I'll pay for damages too!"

"You're broke, bro."

"Yeah, I am..."

Your eyes traced the reflecting screen of your phone with Kenma's smile as your background. Pouting, your fingers traced the home button with a sigh followed after. "If Kenma was here, he would kick you all in an instant..."

"But he's at work, so he wouldn't." Atsumu laughed, throwing the last wrapper in the trashcan. "You've been sulking all day. What's up, girl? Isn't it normal?"

You grumbled, cautiously bending your body down to scan the coffee table. "He's working overtime today... I won't see him until tomorrow night... I'm not sure if I can handle being here with you dumbasses... Go practice or something!"

"But we don't know how to do the work!" Bokuto sobbed, slowly taking out a crushed notebook out of his bag and sniffed. "You're smarter than us!"

"No shit. I'm not helping with anything else even after my ankle is healed." You shot a finger flick at Bokuto's forehead before reaching for origami strips from the coffee table. "I can't wait until Kenma comes home to kick y'all out."

Sakusa peeked out of the hallway and commented. "Your bedroom was a mess."

"Don't look, Sakusa! I told you to close the door earlier, gosh! I'm done with you three... Shoyo... I need you, please come." You quietly prayed in hopes for his arrival, but instead you can hear crashing of an unknown object that collapsed on the ground. Flinching at the sudden noise, you were about to scold Bokuto that probably did something stupid either. "Bokuto, I swear to god, what did you do now?!"

Bokuto scrambled around, collecting broken glass carefully with a picture within them. "I'm sorry! I tripped on something! I... isn't this a photo of you and Kenma for graduation?"

You felt a tug on your chest before shotting your glance down below to see the glass shards with white words that were scattered around. Your mouth was left open at the sight of the picture that gave you nostalogia with the both of you shyly holding hands at graduation. It was slightly wrinkled from the hurried hands of Bokuto. You were speechless and infuriated.

Out of desperation, you dropped from your couch, wincing at the sharp pain of your ankle before Atsumu rushed to you to pull you back. "Woah, girl! Be careful, you'll get hurt!"

"Get off!" You yelled, crawling over to the mess. With hands trembling, they reached over to a glass shard with a small heart imprinted. Tears were already dropping by then. "T-This was our one year anniversary gift for graduation too... I-" Maybe your lingering attachment to the photo frame took over. A gift you treasured, your first gift from Kenma for the anniversary. You felt afraid on what Kenma will say if he saw this treasure be broken. "Shit..."

"(Y/n), I'm sorry..." Bokuto tried to offer you comfort with his back rubs, but you slapped his hand off. "(Y/n)?!"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear you right now..." Your words were broken as tiny hands collected the mess with a nearby handkerchief. Stumbling with the small fabric filled with glass shards and a single picture, you made your way to your room as Bokuto and Atsumu hurriedly caught up at your pace. "Get away from me! I don't want to see anyone right now!" The door slammed shut, putting the boys in unease.

Bokuto panicked, shaking Atsumu. "Did we miss up?? Is she done with us because we made her toaster die, almost made Berry fall into the bathtub of water, or what?!?"

The two idiots screamed, making Sakusa sigh. "They messed up."

-------------------------------------------------------

random but schools over, gonna be a senior next yr lol