Day 24: Light

There was a new student at Francis Dupont. His name was Damian, and that's all anyone knew of him. No one knew where he had come from, his last name, if he had any siblings. Nothing.

You could try and ask him, but he would either ignore you or glare at you until you left him alone.

Now Damian got assigned to be in Mrs. Bustier's class. When he got there, his seat was next to Marinette, seeing as it was the only one in the class that was free.

In his class, there was a girl who was telling these stories, which he knew weren't true, but his classmates seemed to believe them. He had seen that his seatmate and the guy that was sitting next to the girl seemed to know that the stories she were telling were ridiculous and weren't true.

Later on, he heard the girl say things about his seatmate. Damian actually liked her presence since she wasn't one of the ones to ask him all the questions he didn't want to hear. If he wanted to answer them, he would have said it when they first met each other.

The insults he heard were harsh and would have any normal person upset about the whole thing, or in Paris, turned into an akuma. But he noticed that his seatmate didn't even flinch and ignored them.

He asked her about it, and for the first time, he had heard the angelic sound that was her voice.

"It's because I try to find the light in the darkest situations. I'm the only one, besides you, who hasn't been akumatized in our class, and if I were, I would be a hard one to defeat."

By then, Damian had decided to hang out with her more, and talked to her a lot more than he did to anyone else in Paris combined.

Throughout the time they had known each other, Marinette had let Damian's walls down and Damian was one of the only ones to make Marinette to make Marinette smile and laugh around other people. It was weird how they could make the other act the complete opposite of how they would other people so fast. It only took them three months.

The two started dating after four months of knowing each other. The only people that knew about it was them, Marinette's parents, her friends, Jon, Alfred, and Andre the ice cream man.

The two knew each other's secrets. They had just come out and the other wouldn't judge them for it.

Marinette, after hearing about how his first language was Arabic, wanted Damian to teach her it, along with perfecting her English. Damian was the one to help her when she was stressing over everything and calmed her down.

—————

Damian's family hadn't heard from Damian since his mission in Paris was done. He was there to help with the akuma problem, but when that was done, he just said he was staying there and left that at that. They hadn't heard from him except the monthly "I'm fine. Leave me alone." Text they got.

They tried to pry Jon for answers, but he wouldn't give them any. They were worried and decided to take a trip to Paris to see if they could see if their little brother/son was actually alright.

——-

When they got to Paris, they went to the hotel to put their stuff up. They were all hungry, so they looked up the best place to go for food. What popped up was a place that wasn't that far from where they were, Marinette's parents bakery.

————

The Waynes had ordered their food and had sat down waiting for it to come. In that time, they had heard someone coming down.

———

"Maman, can Demon and I have some macaroons?" Marinette asked. She was unaware that she was getting some of Damian's family attention.

"Sure sweetie. If you want drinks, you're going to have to have him do it." Sabine said, picking out the macaroons and putting them on a plate.

Marinette started to talk louder than normal to get Damian's attention. "Shaytan, can you get our drinks?"

Knowing he heard it, she went and helped her mom pick out the macaroons. Right when they were almost finished, they heard Damian's voice.

"Angel, I got your coffee." All of the Waynes turned their heads over to the familiar voice. Damian himself went over to Marinette with a small smile on his face, making his family stare wide eyed at them.

Damian put the drinks down on the counter, taking the plate full of pastries in his hands instead. Marinette got the drinks that Damian had put down. She looked up at him.

"Malak, you have to hurry since we're still going to Andre's with-" Damian cut himself off when he saw his family. He had started to glare at them.

When Marinette saw that he cut himself off, she looked up at him and saw that he was glaring at someone. When she followed his gaze, she saw that it was people that she didn't know. Counting the number of people, she realized who it was.

——————

"I thought I told you to leave me alone." Damian started.

"Little D, we had to come see you. You only sent us one text." Dick said back.

"Brat, who's the girl?" Somewhat conscious Tim asked.

"Hi. I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng." Marinette on her face.

His family kept asking questions, which Marinette gladly answered. Marinette, herself, liked his family and was glad to have finally met them.