Day 20: Betrothal

The two soulmates didn't seem to notice the room filled with other people. They were too wrapped up in actually seeing each other for the first time, that their minds went to their own world.

"You're finally awake." A voice snapped them out of whatever thoughts they were having. They turned their head towards the voice, and saw a woman.

"Why did you bring us here, Mother?" Damian snarled. Talia smiled while Marinette was horrified. He had seemed to be in the same situation as her, being kidnapped. What kind of mother does that?

"You two are the heirs of the two most powerful organizations. Seeing as it could benefit us both greatly if we had an alliance, we decided that the only way to do that was to marry the two heirs, seeing heirs. Seeing as you don't have a soulmate, and neither does she, the plan was taken into action, immediately." Talia explained.

Now part of Marinette wanted to argue that he was her soulmate, but then she considered something. She was his mother and she didn't even know he had one. He must have kept it a secret, so he didn't want to go telling her something that he hadn't told her himself. Plus, telling her would probably make it a better reason to do it.

Talia took a cup and a knife. She headed over to Marinette and picked up her chained hand. Marinette couldn't do anything to prevent her from doing anything.

Talia placed the cup down and took the knife in one hand, and Marinette's hand in the other. She cut the middle of her palm, earning a hiss of pain from Marinette. Talia then turned around her hand and squeezed it so that her blood would go into the cup. She did the same thing for Damian.

She took the cup and went to pour it into the large bowl in the front of the room. She mixed it up with whatever was inside the bowl. When she was done, she scooped some of it up inside the chalice she had in hand.

She went over to Marinette and forced her to drink it. Marinette, after drinking, had a burning sensation in her throat. She had started coughing, determined that that was the issue.

When Damian got done drinking it, he had the burning sensation also, but didn't show that it bothered him.

As soon as that was over, they were dragged into a room. When the two were pushed into it, someone shut the door behind them, locking them in there together.

There was a silence for a while when they were in there. An awkward silence. Neither knew what to say to the other. They both knew that they were each other's soulmate and they had technically just gotten married to each other, despite them meeting for the first time.

Marinette was the one to break the silence. She had slid on the ground, her arms around her knees. "What kind of mother marries their son off for an alliance?" Marinette mumbled.

Damian went to sit beside her. "I can tell you she's done worse." Marinette just groaned and put her head down in her knees, not wanting to know more.

Not knowing why, the two had realized that they were both comfortable in each other's presence. Marinette didn't feel tense around him, which had happened a lot since Lila turned about everyone' back on Marinette. Damian didn't feel the urge to get away from her like he normally did with around everyone.

The wind did them a favor and introduced the other to them.

'Marinette Dupain-Cheng'

'Damian Al Ghul Wayne'

Marinette turned to face him. "Damian?"

Damian, as on instinct, turned and faced her. "Marinette?"

---------

The two sat there for what felt like an hour learning about the other. Tikki had come in after a while and introduced herself to Marinette's soulmate.

Damian learned that there were superheroes in Paris and that his soulmate was one of them. Technically the only one in his opinion. Chat Noir could die for all he cared for. He had also learned that she had only one friend her age. Every other peer she had was out to get payback or hurting Lila or was just giving her disappointed looks. Damian Wayne knew that day that Kagami Tsurugi was one of the only people he would allow to be near his beloved.

Marinette learned that Damian was an ex assassin, showing how he was the heir. She also learned that he was a vigilante, along with his family. She heard some of the few friends he had and was excited to meet Jon when she had the chance.

Suddenly, they heard a crash somewhere not too far from them. Damian got up first and held his hand out to Marinette.

"Come on Angel." Marinette flushed and grabbed his hand that lifted her up. They went to the door and twisted the knob. They were surprised to find out that it wasn't locked at all, but it was their fault for not checking it, not that they wanted to leave the other.

After walking through multiple hallways, the two had finally found what had caused the commotion. It was Damian's family, who had come for him. Batman seemed to be talking to Talia.

Marinette squeaked at seeing them there. They had turned their heads towards the two and saw them holding hands. Bruce was questioning Talia even more, while his brothers were looking at them, dumbfounded.

Marinette wasn't paying attention to anything at that moment. The next thing she knew was that she was on the plane they brought and was being introduced to his family. Marinette especially stayed close to Damian on the ride.

"Do you have a soulmate?" Dick asked.

Marinette looked over at him, leaning onto Damian. "Yeah. I already met him." She said, nodding.

"You seem to be calm about having a soulmate but marrying someone else." Tim started.

"Who said I didn't marry my soulmate." Marinette countered.

I'm almost caught up. I just need two more days. But I'm a procrastinator and am going to do it later.

Morganlbr