chapter nine

i groan out of annoyance when i see another guy throwing his trash on the floor. god they're so messy and dirty around here. "you need to cheer up, you seem like you're frustrated lately." kairi tells me offering a juul, but i reject as i collect trash more.

"julia is making everything worse, and i hate it." i respond.

kairi pulls my hair roughly and grabs the trash bag throwing it somewhere else, "ow? what the fuck?" i said to him and he puts the juul in my hand.
"relax." he says, putting his cold hand on my shoulder but i push it away in confusion.

"what time is it?" i change the subject.

"10 why?"

shit. shit. shit. i widen my eyes and looked at my phone, shit i got so many texts from them but the music was so fucking loud. ughh. i walked around trying to find julia, and i did.

i walked up to her and she was with a boy , laughing a lot with him too. i recognized the back of his head and clothes, it's mattia. what are they talking about?
"julia, mom and dad are coming home. you have to kick everyone out." i interrupted their conversation, julia giving me a dirty look as if i stopped their flirting.

"why can't you?"

"i didn't throw this party, you did." i told her and she rolled her eyes getting up but the front door already opens hearing mom and dad yelling at everyone to get out and they did. we were in both deep shit.

mattia also leaves, waving at me. i waved back, smiling.

"what the hell? you couldn't listen?" mom looks at us both and demands us to sit on the couch, while her and dad did also. "who threw it?"

"julia."
"jules."

we both said in sync and i furrow my eyebrows in confusion and stepped on her foot, telling her to stop lying. "not this again." dad says.

"i have proof jules did it." julia pulls out her phone and opens my ig story, showing it to them. fuck.

they both put their eyes to me in disappointment, and i didn't even say anything. obviously, julia wins this argument like the other ones. i got up and went to my room, closing the door.

i'm such a fucking dumbass. fuck.

i lock my door and put on my hoodie, sneaking out the window and making my way to a liquor store.

—————

arrived and looked at the cashier, he was on his phone.

i walked around and saw so many bottles of different things.
walking past all of them, i put my hand and felt the touch on all. i'm really thirsty now.

finally found the one, giving a quick look to the cashier and he was distracted. grabbing it immediately and shoving it inside my pocket.

i quickly ran out the door and speed walked a little, taking it out and drinking it immediately. shit this burns my throat but it's so good.

my phone vibrates and i check, notifications from a groupchat full of quinn, nova and i.

𝐍𝐐𝐉

nova
jules , you okay ?

quinn
yeah ur parents kinda shut down the party

im fine

nova
u want us to talk to you ?

i said im fine , i just need to relax a little

i put the groupchat on mute and continued walking, "jules. holy shit." i heard miles from behind me smiling. "it's so late, what are you doing?"

"i'm just walking home, came from a party." i lied, scratching the back of my head. usually i do that when i lie, i hate it.

"and you didn't tell me?" he grabs my alcohol and drinks some, i noticed some eyeliner he was wearing. he looked beautiful with it honestly. "you look like you're stressed, to be honest. everything alright?"

"why does everyone keep telling me that?!!" i become annoyed and pulled out kairi's juul starting to smoke out so i can stop being such a bitch.

"your eyes look a bit red. and the palm of your hands." i looked at my hands and fuck. there were marks of my nails deep in, i keep clenching my fists.

"i need to go, talk to you later?" i said, grabbing my alcohol back and walking home. shit.

another day of school, great. the looks i've been getting are pretty bad, guessing by everyone laughing and knowing my parents shut down the party.

this is embarrassing. "you know like- everyone's talking about the party and you?" nova comes up to me, with different makeup she usually wears.

"i can tell by the looks." i said closing my locker and making my way to class.

"did julia do something?" she puts her hand on my shoulder for comfort but didn't work, just made me more stressed. i push it off, and shake my head.
"i need some time alone." i said to her walking into class and sitting down in my seat, uncomfortable and embarrassed.

-