chapter eleven

i walk downstairs, exhausted. making my way to the kitchen and seeing julia, cutting tomatoes. i noticed her eyes were red and her mascara messed up, she was crying a lot. "good morning." she says to me and turned her head looking at my direction.

"what's up with you?"

"my car was on fire, that's what happened." she said, angrily. cutting the tomatoes aggressively now.

"that's not a bad thing. you can buy another one."

"i don't have enough money, jules." she raises her voice, "shit." she accidentally cuts her finger and lots of blood came out, she walked away and went to the bathroom.

someone knocks on the front door and i grab an apple before i walk up to it and open it, revealing nova smiling wide at me with gum in her mouth. "you ready to go?" she asked me and i nodded, both of us walking our way to her car. we were going to therapy since there was a meeting.

noticing quinn was in the backseat on her phone with headphones on, probably listening to music. "my sister is really pissed off about her car, feeling kinda guilty about it now."

"you shouldn't. she got what she deserved." nova replies, as she turned up the music on the radio. i bite my tongue and exhaled.

"stop here." quinn interrupts, pointing to an liquor store.

"but we're already late to the meetin-"

"i'm not repeating myself, nova." she says and nova did what she told her to and pulled over, quinn getting out of the car and making her way in the liquor store.
"i'm gonna go inside and see what she's up to." nova gets out and i followed.

the both of us hid and were just looking at quinn who was just observing the room. then i saw her sneak a tequila bottle into her jacket. "HEY!" the cashier spoke up. "i don't allow stealing, put that back or pay."

"i wasn't stealing." quinn stammered, she got caught. shit.

"stop with your bullshit and fucking pay." the cashier got closer to her and grabbed her arm as she whimpered in pain, immediately nova and i got up and confronted the cashier.
"what the hell is wrong with you?" nova pushes him away, "don't touch her."

"i'm calling the police, if one of you won't pay."

i scoffed at his attitude, "how much does it cost?"

"50 dollars."

nova and i looked at each other and widened our eyes, "50 dollars for a tequila bottle? you've got to be shitting me."

"this is such bullshit!" quinn yelled as we were waiting in the police station, all of us in handcuffs.

"why did you even think of stealing a bottle in the first place?" i asked her, and she ignored me looking down at her shoes.

"what did you guys do now?" alejandro arrives with kairi and mattia beside him and nova hugs him, and i hugged kairi and mattia.

"thank you for not letting us stay in jail." nova says to the three of them as we were walking to her car, all of us trying to fit.

"yeah, well. i'm always there for my girlfriend." alejandro smiles to nova and they started to make out, it was gross but i liked them together a lot. "and you guys."

"what happened that caused you guys to get arrested?" kairi asks, i looked at quinn and she made eye contact with me and nova in the front passenger seat, knowing she's kinda embarrassed herself.

so i decided to cover for her, "just some dumb shit. you guys don't need to know." quinn smiled then turns around and looks forward.

"well, by now since were all together. you guys just wanna hangout?" alejandro looks at his phone and we all agreed until i received a text from my mom to come home.

"shit, i have to go home. could you please drop me off there?" i asked nova and she turned her car around and started to driving to my house.

—————-

i walked in, and saw mom sitting at the diner table looking at me. "sit down." she says , and i sat down beside her confused. "jules, your grades are not looking well. you're always out somewhere or in your room not talking to me, julia or your father. i'm worried."

she puts her hand over mine and continued, "i'm starting to think you're depressed."

what? i furrowed my eyebrows and almost busted out laughing. "depressed? no, just tired."

"tired of what?"

"you. dad. julia."
my mom took her hand off and backed up, i can tell she was confused. i got up and went to my room, closing my door and locking it so she wouldn't get in here and give me a speech.

i was so bored out of my mind, i was just staring at the ceiling the entire time.

an idea popped up into my head and i searched for the molly left over and some weed. when i found it, i tried the molly and that kinda fucking burned. "shit." i coughed, and did more. then when i was finished with that. i lighted up my joint, and exhaled the smoke feeling wayy better.

i needed a break from my family, they're always on my ass talking about some shit which is so fucking annoying.

someone knocks on my window, guessing it's nova or quinn. i opened it and saw mattia, struggling to sneak in. "are you gonna stand there or help me?"

i smiled, "you're an idiot."

-