chapter four

i found earrings that looked like it was made out of real gold. and they cost 3,540 dollars. holy
shit. for earrings?! i'm definitely stealing them.

i look around and noticed a girl apart of staff had her phone in her back pocket. i slowly grab it and sneaked it into a customer's jacket. "hey, i need to call my parents to pick me up. do you mind if i could use your phone?" i asked the girl and she nods, reaching for her back pocket confused then sees her phone in the other girl's jacket pocket showing out in the distance.

while they were distracted, i quickly take the earrings. shoving them in my pocket as i covered my face walking by the girls arguing.

i sit down on a bench, quinn walks to me and holds up a watch. made out of diamond. "costs 1,500 dollars. how about you?" a smile appears on my face and takes out the earrings.

"3,540."

quinn scoffs, "you win. congrats. but you still have to give me the earrings and i will keep my mouth shut."

my smile disappears, she's making it so fucking unfairrr. i hand her the earrings and she gives me the stupid watch. "you guys doing business over here?" i heard miles talking to us, his teeth showing as he was smiling. it was white as fuck.

"a good one." quinn laughs, making eye contact with me. "i thought you were working."

by the way quinn looks at miles i can tell they had history behind their relationship. "i'm actually on my break. we could hang out." miles responded to her

"it wouldn't be a problem for me."

gross. "i'm gonna go home." i said.

"bye." quinn replies in a rude way, and i roll my eyes walking to my bike and leaving.

"can we talk about what happened?" mom asked me when i came home, confused on what's she about.

"what?"

"when you came home at 12."

i groan when she started to talk more, going up to my room and closing my door. of course she followed me. "don't ignore me, and plug in your earbuds. we need a curfew." mom yells

"i'm 17, can't i hangout with friends?"

"yes you can. but you can't just be out so late, me and your father were worried."

"oh my god, leave me alone!??" i shout and my mom just stared at me without anything else to say. she put her hand out, "give me your phone."

"i'm not giving you my phone, it's my privacy."

my mom laughs and grabs it quickly, leaving and closing the door on the way out. such a fucking bitch. now what the fuck am i supposed to do

—————

in the middle of my nap, i heard knocking on my window. ughh, i turn around and put my pillow over my ear.

they kept knocking.

i got up and opened the curtains, it's nova?? "umm, hey?" i'm confused.

"i've seen you ride your bike around this neighborhood, before." she says while coming in, "i was texting you. why weren't you answering me?"

"my mom took away my phone." i locked my door before my parents were probably gonna interrupt. nova jumped on my bed, "i told my mom about my dad."

"but you said you weren't gonna tell her." i jumped beside, pulling my blanket over us.

"i know, but i can't keep secrets from my mom. it's hard." she took out a vape, and started smoking it. "she wasn't even mad, she just wants me to do me."

her vape flavor was watermelon. she has good taste.

she passes her vape to me, and i obviously took a hit because i needed a fuckinggg break. "what do you think of us leaving town and going on a vacation?" nova blurts out, turning her head to me.

"like, running away?"

"yeah."

"i mean, i would but i just moved here."

"come on." she holds my hand. "it'll be fun." nova smiles and gets up, laughing and smiling. she was actually serious about it.

"i'll think about it." i responded.

"you know, i actually think you're cool. just hopefully you won't hide any secrets from me." nova looks around my room, her eyes at the led lights then my wall decorations.

"well, then i should tell you something i'm hiding." i walk to my closet, pulling out a box full of stuff i got from shoplifting. i put it on my bed and showed her.

"holy shit, you're rich."

"i actually stole those." i said, and she looked at me. "i have like this addiction of shoplifting. i do it when i have mixed emotions or whenever i feel like it."

fuck. i'm so embarrassed. i hope she wont drop me or something.

nova didn't say anything but she hugs me, and a excited smile on her face. "that's so cool. don't worry, i won't tell anyone."

i now smile and hugged her back, she pulled away looking back at all the stuff in the box. "but wow, this is a lot."

"it's stuff from back home and here."

"i'm so lucky to have a friend like you, honestly." nova laughs.

someone knocks on the door and nova quickly closes the box, putting it back in the closet and she hides with the box. i open the door and it's dad. "i heard you talking up here."

"i'm just talking to myself, that's all." i lied, looking back at the closet when it made a sound.

"well, dress nicely for dinner because your sister is coming home." he says before walking away.

my twin sister?!

-