chapter fifteen

monday. the worst day of every week.

"i don't wanna gooooo." i whined like a baby as it was 7 in the morning. i was already late to school and nova was too due to trying to pull me off my bed and drag me to school.

"jules, stop making this difficult for me." nova tugs me even more but i was holding onto the bed really tight.

"she still hasn't moved?" julia came in and i got angry.

"GET OUT!" i screamed at the top of my lungs and threw a pillow at her but she immediately closed the door and hit it instead. nova stops tugging me after my scream.

"you're still depressed and angry over mattia and julia's relationship?!"

"i wouldn't say depressed. just angry."

"the entire weekend, you literally were staying in bed. not hanging out with me, quinn, and the others. and when i came over the other day, all you were doing was in your bed, eating ice cream, crying and watching netflix."

"i was crying because my comfort character died."

"you said comfort characters are for nerds."

i shook my head and pushed my head into the pillow, screaming. nova tries again to drag me off and this time she was successful.

"noooo..." i dramatically put my hand out for the bed as i was on the floor.

"shower. now." nova demanded and i whined.

at school, late, it was 3rd period. science. we were experimenting on frogs. and in this class, i was with mattia.

"why were you late today?" mattia walked over to me as i had my safety goggles on and gloves. i was sticking a knife into the dead frog, aggressively when he came.

i ignored his question but he still stood beside me.

"jules."

"what?" i answered with an attitude. mattia put his hand over mine, and i pulled away immediately. "don't touch me."

"why not?"

"because." i continued cutting. "you have germs."

"julia and i broke up. and i dumped her because of you."

i stopped cutting and put the knife down, i looked at him and he was serious. no smiling, or laughing. deadass just made eye contact with me. i found it hot when he just did that, he was just looking at me and nobody else.
"yeah, right."

"you want me to prove it?"

"yes actually-" i got cut off by him kissing me, with his arm around my waist and pulling me in. he had his tongue inside my mouth already, moving it around to make me even more surprised. pulling away was hard, i was liking the kiss.

"does that fucking prove it?" he backed up and took his arm off of me.

i couldn't say anything, i was just frozen by looking at him. i think i like him. a lot. mattia rolled his eyes and walked away.

"you like mattia?!" quinn whispered yelled to me while we were sitting beside each other in therapy.

"maybe. i mean i hated him but he actually seems like a good person." i pulled my hair back in stress. nova claps her hands in excitement while quinn was laughing out loud.

"and he kissed you? he definitely likes you."

"nuh-uh. who would want to date me?"

nova looks at me in an awkward way, "i would."

i shift my position in my seat and the moment became weird now. quinn shakes my arm and smiles. "well, you like each other so date."

"i'll think about it." i crossed my arms and it was my turn to get up and talk.

i looked at everyone who was staring at me in their seats. quinn and nova smiled at me and waved. children.

"i'm jules." i spoke out.

"hi jules." they responded.

then i did a speech about myself and my life that was cheesy.

lol.

i came home and parents weren't at home. they had to work until 3 in the middle of the night. don't know why.

"jules! you're home." julia comes and hugs me, i didn't hug her back cause i was confused why she was all over me like that.

"heyy-" i said in an awkward tone. she smiles and hugs me again. "why are you so happy?"

"because i'm going out with someone. i forgot to tell you mattia and i-"

"i know." i interrupted and she just nods. the door bell rings and she screeches with joy. she opens the door and nathan was standing there with flowers.

what.

"jules, this is nathan. nathan, this is jules." julia introduced and he shook my hand and brought me in for a hug. 

"tell quinn and i will kill you." nathan whispered in my ear while hugging me and pulled back smiling like nothing.

he was cheating on quinn.

wtf.