chapter three

"you're such a creep, god." i push him away.

"well, i tried." he replies, and i just smiled to myself. trying on what he suggested to me. i mean i looked okay, just kinda ugly. i look fat. ughhh.

"i'm not buying this." i walked out the dressing room and put it back where it was, by mattia's expressions he was confused. "why not?"

"if i don't wanna buy it, i don't. can we just buy the perfume now?" i quickly said in a rush.

after we bought it, we met up with the others and ate. i wasn't hungry. "are you gonna eat?" kairi questions me and i shake my head. "come on."

"i don't feel like eating."

"are you sure?"

"yeah."

he smiles at me and continued eating his food, my phone starts ringing and it's my dad. shit i forgot. i got up and answered, "where are you?" he yelled through the phone.

"i'm at a mall, hanging out with some new friends."

"good for you, but contact us when you're going out somewhere so we know you're safe." he says and i hang up before he continues. i sat back down and just listened to their conversations.

i come home and see my mom and dad on the couch, i check what time it is and it's 12. fuck. "i thought it was just a little hangout? why come home so late?" dad argues, and i throw my head back.

"i'm just making friends here." i said, as i was about to go upstairs. "nope, come back down here. we're
not finished." dad demanded. god

i turn back to them and crossed my arms, "i'm sorry. can we forget about this now?"

"we need to set a curfew." says mom, and i furrow my eyebrows. "fuck that." i went upstairs and closed my door, locking it. i jump on my bed and groan in frustration.

i plug my earbuds in and played 911/ mr. lonely by tyler the creator and closed my eyes. listening to music usually calms me down. and this was helping.

i lay my phone on my chest and just listened to the rhythm and beat. i started singing without noticing.

my phone buzzed and i checked who it was. an unknown number.

unknown

yoo

who is this

ur daddy

hi mattia

how'd u get my number

wtf, how did u know

from nova

im blocking you lol

no no no

i just wanted to say goodnight

go ahead

damn ur so mean

but goodnight mamas

goodnight idiot

i turned off my phone and i smiled. gross?

—————

"look at my beautiful future wife." mattia says beside me, while we were walking to my locker.

"yeah, umm no." i replied. "you can choke and die."

"damn, i thought we were good after us texting last night." he raised his voice at the last part and i shushed him, mattia smirked.

"hell no. i will never like you."

"we'll see about that."

"eat a dick." i told him, getting my stuff out the locker. slamming it closed.

i flipped him off and walked over to nova. i saw she was holding a picture of her and a guy. i was assuming that was her dad cause they looked really alike. "this is my dad. he left and went to prison when i was 6. i received a text from him last night." she explained, pulling out her phone and showing a text.

'i'm getting released soon. missing you.' the text in grey says.

"i'm so sorry, nova. what are you gonna do?" i smiled gently at her. i was feeling super bad.

"i'll just ignore him." she puts her phone back in her pocket, "i don't like my dad anyways. and my mom can't find out about this."
alejandro walked up from behind and was whispering something to her, "i gotta go."

i nod and walked to class. noticing i'm in a class with quinn, i guess. i sat down in a seat near her and she scoffs. "i know you stole that necklace, you're not slick."

"you gonna pull a 69 then or what?" i whispered and she shook her head. "meet me after school." she says before looking at the teacher and started to pay attention.

it's after school, and i look around. i found her standing by a pole on her phone. "so what?" i said, and she puts her hands up in surrender, "you in a rush, loner? damn."

i roll my eyes. "you have a ride?" quinn asks me.

"a bike."

"that's fine with me."

i walk to my bike and unlocked it, getting on and she got on the back. there wasn't much space, i'm glad both of us aren't that heavy. "go to the store, kay." quinn says.

a jewelry store?? okay then.

"what are we doing here?" i asked her as we both got off the bike, leaving it in an alley.

"we're gonna steal." she smiles, "if you steal something more expensive than what i'm gonna steal, i won't snitch. but if you don't, you have to give me the necklace and i will tell."

fuck.

"deal." i put my hand out.

"deal." she shakes it and grins.

-