chapter thirteen

"hey, miles!" i walked up to him and we hugged, wow he smells hella good. we pulled back from our hug and he smiled, "i missed you a lot."

"is quinn and nova here?" i asked him.

"yeah, they're inside. i'm glad you're here today."

him and i went inside and the meeting already started, walking to where quinn and nova were sitting and sat in the middle of them. "so, quinn and nathan are dating again." nova whispers to me and i turned to quinn, she shrugged.
"what?"

"are you seriously back with nathan after he leaked-"

"don't remind me!" she whispered yelled, "he grabbed my wrist and made a bruise then hit me and said he would do something worse if i wasn't back with him."

"you have to go to police, this can't keep happening to you."

"are you crazy, jules?! nathan is fucking rich. and i'm meaning like he gets away with anything because of his rich ass dad. even if i show them these bruises, they're gonna probably say it's because of cheerleading."

"i thought you quit cheerleading? didn't you?"

"i did, but my mom told me to join back again. it's not even a big deal, leave it alone."

nova and quinn started arguing now and i plugged my earbuds in, starting to play music to ignore them both.
miles sat behind us and interrupted our conversation, finally. "why are you guys arguing?"

"over some stupid shit, it doesn't matter." quinn responds, and now was paying attention to the people on stage.

———

miles and i were hanging out in a restaurant, getting to know each other more. to be honest, miles is a really good guy to be with and talk to. "are you inna relationship or anything?" he asked me.

"no." i paused but then i thought of mattia, "but there's someone i like."

"really? well, who is it?"
"i don't think you know him."
"i want to know him."

i scratched the back of my head, "his name is mattia."

miles paused for a second then took a bite from his food, "the one quinn used to date?"

what- quinn and him used to date each other?! they didn't tell me that. "umm, i gotta go. i'll see you soon." i grabbed my stuff and walked out. miles was supposed to be my ride home but i walked a long way home.

"hey! i'm glad you're home, we're having dinner right now with julia's new boyfriend." mom kisses me on the cheek and takes off my jacket, weird. anyways, 'new boyfriend??'

i walked to the dinner table and i saw mattia and her sitting beside each other. "that's julia's new boyfriend, mattia. mattia, this is-"

"we know each other." i interrupted mom, and got angry. fucking hell, "i already ate. i'm not hungry." i went upstairs and closed my door, jumped on my bed and put a pillow over my face and screamed.

i took my phone out and texted nova to come over, and she said she was already here. then my window opened and there she was. "i was gonna come over anyways." she closed the window when she came in, and laid beside me. "what's wrong?"

"did you know that quinn and mattia dated?"

she widens her eyes and she sat up, "yeah. remember the first day of school, and that party? they argued a lot that day, i saw them behind the house. talking about him cheating and shit. but that's the past."

"does alejandro and kairi know too?"

"as i said, that's the past. why do you even care?"

i covered my face with my hands and didn't say anything.
"you like himmmm." she drags out the 'm', and nudged me , wiggling her eyebrows in some weird way.

"i don't." i responded and she nods, tucking in her lips. she obviously knew i did. "but him and julia are together."

nova snickered and covered her mouth with her hand, "what's so funny?" i asked her and she shook her head.

"nothing. let's change the subject." she faced me, "there's gonna be a basketball game tomorrow, and we're gonna see quinn cheerlead. do you wanna come?"

"i'm suspended, remember? i come back like next monday."

"and it's friday. it's after school, the teachers won't care."

"okay, fine."

-