chapter one

my alarm starts, i try turning it off but it just kept going. starting to get on my nerves, i slam it on the floor and it finally shuts up. god.

i get up, taking a shower, brushing my teeth and putting on my clothes for today. i brush my wavy black hair, grabbed my backpack and went downstairs.

"are you sure you're gonna be fine?" mom comes up to me, putting her hands on my cheeks.
"yes mom." i said with a tired tone. she nods and i open the door making my way to my bike and riding off.

within a couple blocks only away from school, i arrive. locking my bike and walking inside. it was bigger than i expected. i look at my paper and walked to my classroom. all eyes on me.
"you must be jules. new girl?" the teacher asks as i was about to sit down somewhere.

"mhm." i respond.

"welcome, you can sit wherever you would like."

i continued walking, looking around for somewhere to sit. "hey, mamas. looking for a seat?" a boy says, as i was about to pass by him. i noticed his features and clothing, a fuck boy. nice.

"you can sit on my lap. plenty of space here." a smirk appears on his face, spreading out his legs and pointing to his dick.

"go kill yourself, idiot." i respond, and his smirk drops.

i pass by and finally found a seat in the back, putting in my earbuds and started listening to music. not paying attention to anything.

bell rings, and i walked out. going to my locker and grabbing my vape so i could ditch and smoke in the bathroom like usual old times. i turn around and bump into someone instantly, "watch it, dumbass." the boy who was in my class says to me, and walks off.

a dick.

i walk in the girls bathroom, two girls already in here looking at themselves in the mirror. one was really pretty, i loved her hair too. "have a problem?" the girl i was staring at asked.

"my bad?" i shrug, noticing her rolling her eyes.

"god, be nice for once." another girl coming out of the stall telling the other, but she just walks out with her friend. "name's nova. sorry about the other girl, she has an attitude." she smiles.

"name's jules."

"are you new here?" she asked, and i nod. "oh that's cool." the bell rings again, interrupting our convo. "see you, maybe later?"

"yeah." i agreed, and she walked away. maybe this school isn't bad.

——————

"i don't understand why i have to go." i complain, dad takes a deep inhale and exhale. "maybe you'll like it. it's good for you."

he stops the car. we're in front of the building, there was a black lives matter flag, and a LGBTQ+ one. i get out of the car and walked inside, sitting down.

all there is was strangers, and older people here. i didn't know anyone here, i felt confused.

after 10 mins
ughh, this is so boring. i'm dying here. i get up, and left. i walk to a store that looked like it had expensive stuff next door, checking if i have my security tag remover magnet in my pocket.

i walk inside, looking at their clothes and accessories pretty, i guess. i found a necklace that costs at least $400. definitely worth it.

i look around and knock off a vase, i quickly go behind and open. stealing the necklace and putting it inside my pocket, leaving after.

"fuck yes." i mumbled, and put the necklace around my neck.

"hey, you're jules right? from school." the girl,
nova, from earlier in the bathroom comes up to me. "i love your necklace."

"thanks." i respond.

"well, since we just bumped into each other. there's a party tonight at some guy's house named cameron, we can go together if you want."

"i'm down."

she smiles and i smiled back to be nice. "can i have your number so i could contact you?"

i took out my phone and gave it to her, and while she was putting her number in i noticed her pretty facial features. she was pretty. curly hair, some blush, long eyelashes. "text me your address and i'll be there." she says, walking pass by.

i come home noticing mom and dad aren't here, finally. i'm home alone. i go up to my room, and close my door starting to find a good outfit for the party. didn't want to be boring.

for 5 minutes, i've been looking and found one. wasn't bad. i try it on and looked in the mirror, too revealing but it's fine with me.

i recieve a text that she's here, and i quickly put on the necklace i stole, my shoes, some lipstick and left.
"i'm jealous of your body and you." said nova with her perfect shit. she shouldn't be jealous of me.

"just be cool." she tells me as we both walked in. i wasn't that nervous, been to plenty of parties like this. "holy shit, you came." the boy in the classroom who was acting like a dick walked up to us, giving red cups to us.

"jules, this is mattia. mattia, this is jules." nova introduces, mattia pulls his hand out and smirks at me. "the girl from earlier."

"i have a name." i was starting to get pissed off and pushed his hand away, and he chuckled for some reason taking this as a joke.

"my bad. i better stop before you cry." he says. walking past me and making eye contact. i wish i could punch him in the stomach.

"he can be like that, but he'll soften up soon." nova puts her hand on my shoulder and smiles.

yeah right.

-