chapter five

"you have a twin sister?!" nova questions me as she's picking my outfit for dinner.

"yeah. she's the same age as me, but went to florida to move in with her boyfriend." i said, nova finally found one and i tried it on. meh, looked okay. my hair wasn't it though.

"ugh, i hate twins. i could never see the difference between them."

"the only difference between us, is that she has straight hair and i have wavy. and she also has bigger lips."

nova raises her eyebrows then said nothing else, helping me throughout this shit. "okay, is this good?" she turns me to the mirror and damn, i looked hot. "why do you even need to look good for her?"

"because, my sister always likes things expensive. and she always thinks people are judging her because of how her family dresses or looks like."

"so, she's a spoiled brat."

i nod my head and heard a knock on the door, "she's here." dad announces. i waved bye to nova as she sneaked out by the window and i went downstairs.

mom opened the door and there she was. "julia! i'm so glad to see you again." mom hugs her, and holy shit she looks way different from the last time i saw her.

julia had one blue streak beside her ear, hard to see but i noticed. she was holding a gucci bag, wearing black heeled boots. a tattoo on her hand, some on her arms. clothes that were also expensive. "jules, you hella changed. that dress looks super good on you too."

'hella?' she told me she didn't like the word

she hugged me and i hug back in confusion, "is high school good here?"

"yeah. i've made friends." i said and she smiles at me, sitting down at the dining table as we all did.

"are you taking therapy for that shoplifting addiction?" julia made a disgusted face when she said 'shoplifting'.

she always judged me since we were born, it's so fucking annoying. and because of that, i thought she was better than me. with her expensive shit and when she had her 15th birthday on a yacht.

"it's going well." i responded as i took a bite off of my food. my phone buzzes, and i ignore it. probably just a notification idgaf about.

"so why'd you come back?" dad asks to make more conversation, while it was just being quiet and awkward.

"boyfriend and i are on a break. besides, i wanted to see you guys."

sure.

my phone buzzes again, and i get annoyed. i check what it is and it's nova. texting me to come to school.

school?

i put my phone away and got up, "i'm sorry. but i gotta go. my friend needs help with something."

"jules, you're being disrespectful." mom whispered to me.

i ignored what she said and left anyways, closing the door on the way out. i went on my bike and started going, it was hard doing this in a skirt i was wearing.

i finally arrived at school, not me seeing nova in sight. "come here." she comes up from behind, grabbing my hand leading me behind the school. where there was a soccer field.

quinn was sitting on the bleachers, tears going down her face. when i saw her, she wiped them quickly. "did you seriously tell miss loner?"

"don't mind her, she's just upset."