The Red Hair Kid

I heard a story

I was a main star in at least 2. But my personal experience of one is this one:

Our neighbors son was a small plane pilot. He also had red hair. One day he went off for a flight with his little brother- also a red head. They never came back.

Their mother was distraught. She tried everything to get back her sons. Finally after years of searching, she found some Pakistani Maulana who said he could find the boys. he was shipped in from Pakistan to Kenya- where I was only 7 yrs old.

The Maulana took a large plate of water and began to scry. he summoned Jinn to tell him the location of the neighbors boys. But before he said anything, he asked for a girl and boy age of 7 to look and tell what they saw.

The only boy and girl were me and my friend Sunny. Apparently we both went into a trance of sorts and said the same thing: that we saw a downed plane and a pale boy with red dreadlocks walking amongst many men also with dreadlocks. He was smoking a pipe and was mostly naked. the plane was near a river in a grove of trees high on a big mountain.

The family used the last of their money to gather a search team and rescour the aberdare mountains. they not only found the plane, but also found the younger boy, with dreadlocks, living amongst the last of the Mau Mau. By that time they ran out of money to pay the Maulana and it was said that he cursed them. They said terrible things about him.

5 years later, the rescued boy was found dead with his mouth stuffed with money. he was an addict and got in with bad people.

10 yrs later, at 16 I became very ill, I nearly died. I was almost comatose for 2 days. When I woke up, Sunny- my best friend had suddenly died from an Asthma attack. We had both been in perfect health on Friday- 3 days earlier.

Later on I heard a rumor that my father had finally paid the Maulana off for his scrying work to save my life. but the Jinn had claimed all they had seen.

Before you say "what nonsense?", my father was doctor and very unreligious but even he realized that something unnatural was afoot. My mothers family were very superstitious and spent days consulting and sacrificing things to make sure the Jinn left us alone.

They didn't and various member of our family have been plagued with things that could be be explained by mental illness, or straight up jinn possession especially since they often resolve with no meds and religious intervention.

I am a medical professional myself and very unreligious and superstitious, but I have seen some shit that defies logic.