The Sweets

Salaam hope you are all well and in the best of health and faith!

My mum once told me this story. It is strange but also sad.

She had an uncle living in India in the mid-1900s.
Them days they used to travel on horses and carriages. Her uncle was once on his way back from a village and was coming home late at night.
He had gone for business and decided to bring home some sweets (mithai) for his children.

Whilst traveling late at night he was stopped by an individual who blocked his way.
This person said the sweets that you have purchased 'give them to me'.
Uncle shocked and dumbstruck asked him how he knew he had sweets. He replied I am Jinn!

Uncle being of strict nature replied that he would not give the sweets under any circumstances.

The jinn, again and again, persuaded him saying give me the sweets this is better for you. He said I will give much more in return.

But uncle is a man of his word said 'i bought these for my children and they will be eaten by my children.'

The jinn became very persuasive and said I cannot let you pass until you give me the sweets.

Uncle knowing this jinn won't give in said ok then I'll have to fight you.

In the middle of the night the jinn and uncle began fighting and not until fajar did the jinn run away by the call of the azaan.

Uncle tired and exhuasted finally reached home and his wife asking what had happened. Uncle too tired to explain went to bed.

Late that morning uncle's wife went to wake him up but he had already passed away.

He never woke from his sleep.

Them days people were poor but they had hearts of gold. They were pure and people of taqwa. They would not be scared by anything except Allah.