I think I stayed in a haunted cabin in April.

I heard a story from reddit:u/whatsinthewindow

Throwaway account because reasons.

So, this was a 4 day stay in a cabin in the woods in Wisconsin, on Bluegreen property. I cannot for the life of me remember the exact cabin, but I think it was 413, no promises. Right away, when I was alone (This was a trip with my mother) it felt like I wasn't on my own. I'm normally pretty hard to shake, but I couldn't bear being alone, as I felt like I was being watched by something. Both my mother and I checked the cabin thoroughly but never found anything. The first night, I heard what sounded like footsteps on what would be the room above me, but the cabin was one floor and with a slanted roof, so it wouldn't make any sense to have been someone. It sounded like a small child running across the length of the slanted roof, and both I and my mother heard it.

For our piece of mind, we went over to the neighboring cabin (The cabins were divided into two suites- one on the right, one on the left.) but we quickly discovered it was vacant, so we went back to our own.

The next morning, I awoke to find my clothes, including the ones I fell asleep in (I get cold really easily, so I tend to have pajamas on and I had a hoodie on as well. I had on pajama pants that were much bigger than me, they were hand-me-downs and tied really well around the string, so I find it a bit hard to believe I would have untied them while I was asleep) were thrown about the room, and it took me a solid 5 minutes to find the shirt I had on, which was tangled up in the sheets. Maybe I just got hot and took it off while half asleep, but I'm from a fairly warm place, and never have done that before, so part of me doubts I took my own clothes off. Even if I did, it wouldn't have explained how the clothes that were in my suitcase in the far corner of the room were scattered about. I am typically a bit of a neat freak, and never would have been able to sleep if I knew my clothes were thrown everywhere. Later that day, I was alone once more, as my mother had run out to get food from a nearby restaurant. I heard breathing from the next room over, which would have been my mother's bathroom. I brushed it off as nothing but then remembered I was in the cabin alone, so I called my mom and told her to get back here quickly, and then I listened. It sounded far too rhythmic to have been the air conditioner, and I could have sworn I could hear a clear exhale and inhale.

The cabin layout was simple-ish, so I'll try to describe it to the best of my ability. There was a living room when you first walk in, and a closet with a washer and dryer that we never used, and a kitchen, then down the hall perpendicular to the kitchen was the bedrooms and bathrooms- one was outside of the respective bedroom and larger than the other bathroom, and the bedroom at the end of the small hall had a bathroom hanging off of it. Go back to the living room, there is also a balcony, which protected from the wind by the other suite that was vacant and our own suite, and there was a bathroom through a thick wall from the balcony. Hopefully that made sense, it'll be important later.

Once my mom was back, I remember getting up from the table in the living room and heading to my bathroom, but I swore I saw something in my bedroom, so I backed up and checked- nothing was there. I thought I saw a lady dressed in all white (Cliche, I know) and had vanished, so I decided that I was just going batshit and went to the bathroom.

Nothing happened to me the rest of the day, so I'll skip to the third day. This was the day the running on the roof got extremely prominent, as though a child was running back and forth. Once again, that would have made no sense, as the suite next to ours was vacant (we even called the front desk and asked them to call the suite next to our's too quiet down some, and they themselves said 'There's nobody in that cabin') and the roof was slanted quite a bit. At around 2 PM, I looked up from my laptop (I was sitting in the corner like the child I am as opposed to the couch) and I swore I saw a woman who didn't fit my mother's body type staring at me through the window's reflection (As in, she was inside the cabin, watching me using the reflection) and I even got a picture of it and may eventually post that.

For reference, My mother is rather large- The woman I saw was clear, not the outlines of the curtain, and she was thinner- still overweight but not by much- in the long white gown of who I thought I saw in my room. They looked to have a romantic tuck and a messed-up face, and they were much taller than me. For reference, I am 4'10", am a guy, and didn't even have a dress packed, and neither did my mother. Plus, I was sitting down and out of the reflection, so I knew it couldn't have been me, and the dress went out some, and the curtains didn't, so I don't know what could have caused the reflection, half of why I'm here- I want to know a decent answer for the woman in the reflection, as it didn't look entirely like a woman or human for that matter- it seemed more humanoid and in a dress than a woman in a dress.

The final night there, I was exhausted, as I didn't really sleep well the night prior, and I went to bed at about 8:30, but I got up before I ever fell asleep and went to the living room as I felt something hit my foot. It felt long and hard, almost like a round pole. I told my mother this and she told me that the first night, she felt like something tried to push the top of her head down and out of the bed. We talked about it a while, and eventually, I laid back down, and nothing happened the rest of the trip.

So, to recap- Running across the roof on nights 1-3, night one, my mom apparently felt something try to push her out of bed, day 2, I woke up to find every article of clothing, including what I had on was thrown about the room, more roof running, seeing something in my bedroom, and weird breathing from an empty room (And LOUD breathing- I heard it through a wall), day 3, a weird reflection of a woman that looked like her face was damaged in the window, night 4, felt like my foot was hit by a pole.

I also want to include that nothing in the cabin felt evil per say, more mischievous and almost felt motherly at times, granted misguided, but I am pagan so maybe my mind is a bit off on detecting this, and according to my mother, nothing felt evil, just off and ultimately creepy. The trip, again, was only me and my mother. I really need your all's the opinion on this. I believe in some occult things but cannot provide a solid 'yes' or 'no' as to if I believe in ghosts. I'm looking for an answer, be it paranormal or not. Thank you for reading!