16 : i'm sorry

"Sakusa-san, I-I think I like you. No, actually, I really do like you and I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I became one of your fan girls who immediately fall for your charms. You can find another fake girlfriend or another project partner if I make you uncomfortable. I'm really sorry and I didn't intend to like you. I'll try to move o—"

My long truthful speech was interrupted by the one and only Sakusa.

"No."

"W-What? No what?"

"Say it again." He says with a serious look.

No way! I can't say all those lines that actually came from my heart!

"Umm... I'm sorry Sakusa-san but it's too embarrassing for me to say it again."

There were no words coming from his mouth. We both awkwardly stood in silence, so I figured that I should break the tension.

"Look, I'm really sorry for having feelings. It wasn't really my intention."

"I thought I told you not to fall in love with me?"

Sakusa's finally scolding me...

"I know but--"

"But why?" Sakusa did not let me finish.

"I'm really sorry--" 

And again, he cuts me off with his reply. This time, it made me froze from surprise. "Why did I also like you?"

I didn't know what to say. My jaw dropped and my face was getting red. Even Sakusa was also blushing as it was shown on his two ears. We were like two dumbfounded fools who were clueless about love.

"Would you... like to go back home with me?" I initiated our long silence. It was him who last spoke so he might be embarrassed with his sudden confession as well.

"Okay."

While we were walking home, I kept glancing at Sakusa. His face showed no emotions and it was like a usual day beside him. My heart is running like crazing but why on earth was he so composed?

Did he really mean what he said?

Sakusa's POV

I didn't realize that falling in love makes you feel this way. It feels like I'm sick where my mind's obsessed with one thing. There's butterflies roaming around my stomach and I just can't seem to get them out. When I saw her with Atsumu or Motoya, it made my heart burn and I just wanted to pluck my eyes out already. 

This feeling is disgusting. 

Yet when she gives me that soft smile, and her genuine feelings where she didn't easily like me for my looks and title, somehow, all my worries in the world are gone. 

Love..... it's not such a bad thing after all

Although I still don't understand how I have to remove this blush on my face and how to stabilize my heart beat. 

I hope she doesn't see this weird side of me.

When we got back to her home, I sat on the couch while she served us both a warm cup of nesquik chocolate drink.

"So umm.. Sakusa-san about earlier?" She says as she was holding her bunny-themed mug.

"L/N"

"Yes?" 

I can see that it made her posture stiffen and she was really nervous. I can't blame her though. What I was about to say is really nerve-wrecking for the both of us.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend? For real this time?" I made eye-to-eye contact with her to show my sincerity. As I was looking at her, her face became warm like the drink we were both drinking. The same thing happened to me but luckily, I was wearing my face mask so the blush wasn't too obvious.

"Yes." She responded with an affectionate smile.

Nice.

— end of chapter 16—