20: manliness

A Motoya and Kiyoomi Story *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sakusa's POV

"I'm home."

I took off my shoes, put my coat onto the rack, and removed my face mask. I carefully washed my hands and rubbed them in a soft white towel. Before I headed to bed, I went to the kitchen to drink a warm cup of coffee. I smiled to the satisfaction of my delicious brew. Just then, Motoya went straight to the fridge,  not greeting me with his usual energetic hellos.

"So did you walk L/N home?" I initiated the conversation.

"Yeah." He said as he took a glass of water.

"Did you have fun?"

"Yeah."

"Am I perfect?"

"Yeah. Wait, what? No!"

It took a while, but I finally made Motoya snap back to reality.

"I thought so. So what happened?"

Motoya drank his water before talking to me. "Are you and L/N a thing?"

"Motoya. We've talked about this." 

He had a face of doubt, thus continuing his question. "No. Are you really together?"

He emphasized on the word 'really.' Meaning to say that he is asking if our relationship is now true compared to before. I presume L/N told him about our mutual feelings.

"Yes."

"What the heck Kiyoomi? I thought you were going to end it?" Just by listening to his voice, I could tell that he was upset and agitated.

"Motoya."

"Kiyoomi I already told you that this is wrong!"

"Motoya, listen to me."

"Kiyoomi you're just going to hurt her even more!"

But I couldn't reach out to him. So I was forced to talk rudely to my cousin.

"Motoya Komori shut up."

He finally calmed down, not giving any response to me.

"Listen to me okay?"

"Okay.." Although he sportively replied, his eyes were diverting my own while crossing both of his arms.

"I used to think she was just a ticket to improve my grades and get back to volleyball."

"..." No answer was heard from Motoya. 

Thus, I continued. "But when I got to know her, I thought she was the one who was going to fall in love with me first just like all my other fans. I guess karma struck me back."

"Just get straight to the point please." Motoya was still annoyed.

"Motoya. Never in my life would I expect this to happen. But I fell in love with L/N."

Komori's POV

It's only been months since they got to know each other? How did it come to this? Why are they together? Why am I the one experiencing the pain...

"I like L/N too Kiyoomi." 

I finally revealed my hidden feelings for L/N. In fact, my cousin, who is the boyfriend of the girl I like, got to hear it first.

"I probably figured that out." 

There was no emotion of shock nor anger from Kiyoomi's face. He probably knows of this when he saw L/N 's notebook in my room, as he even tried to tear out the last page of it. 

From frustration, I dropped the glass and water spilled all over the floor.

I can see that Sakusa's more worried for me over a messy floor in the dining room. It was the first time I saw him like this.

"Motoya. I'll stop dating her if it makes you uncomfortable."

I sighed as I took a damp to clean up the mess I made. 

This is probably the first time I'm going to give up on something I have been passionately pursuing.

"No Kiyoomi, don't act out just for me. I'm happy for you. This is the first time you had feelings for someone, so I won't break you two up."

From the looks of it, Kiyoomi wasn't convinced.

"Hey. I'm not one of those cringey evil villain characters in a novel or something!" I smacked my cousin with the hand I was available with.

"I'm sorry Motoya." 

"Stop saying sorry okay?"

I leaned in closer to hug Kiyoomi. He's a germaphobe and men don't usual show physical affection. But that won't let me get in the way of expressing my love for my cousin even though we became rivals. There was manliness in the hug. I was gripping his back, trying to hold back my life decisions. 

"But you got to tell her the truth first." I say after we let go of each other.

"Yeah. I'm on it."

It hurts but if it's for their happiness, then I'm willing to sacrifice mine. I finally get to say goodbye for my long-term feelings for her.

Goodbye L/N.

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

This chapter is dedicated to BROS BEFORE HOES !!! (sorry if it's a meaningless note though 

(ミዋ ﻌ ዋミ))= )

— end of chapter 20—