34: leaving me

"I never wanted to be with you anyway."

Those were the last words I heard from Kiyoomi before he turned his back from me.

I opened my eyes and panted hard as I woke up from the bad dream. I looked beside me to see Kiyoomi still there.

"So it was just a dream." I say from relief

But why does it feel so real?

My thoughts were trailed off when I felt arms circling around my waist.

"Good morning, Y/N, love."

He just woke up and he's already being cute. I blush at the sudden greeting.

"Good morning Kiyoomi."

He stares at me without giving a reply, then suddenly turns to the other side of the bed, not facing my direction. I giggle at his childish reaction. To make it up for him, I leaned down to his ear and whispered "I love you, dear" before standing up from my position. But I was stopped when Kiyoomi pulled my arm towards his chest, giving me a warm morning embrace. He kissed my head while stroking the strands of my hair.

"Stop that or you'll turn me on." He tells me.

I push him away, not too aggressively to prevent me from hurting him. "Hey enough horniness, it's literally 7am in the morning!"

We chuckled afterwards at that wholesome moment. I then fixed myself up, telling him how I want to bath alone in the sauna this time. I just wanted to process that nightmare I had earlier because it has been bothering me ever since I woke up. As I was about to leave the room, Kiyoomi calls out to my name.

"What is it Kiyoomi?" I asked him.

"I'm happy that I met you Y/N. I love you too."

Why is he suddenly telling me that..?

"I'm.. happy too Kiyoomi." I replied with a faint smile on my face.

I tied my (h/c) into a bun and dipped my foot into the hot relieving water. I lay my head back on the railings as I contemplate my relationship with Sakusa.

He wouldn't leave me, would he?

I was soaked for minutes, hoping to get a peace of mind from that dream. But I just came to realize that I'm an overthinker as hell. Afterwards, I went to a vending machine at the lobby to buy a can of soda. I was drinking my soda when my eye caught a glimpse of someone's back. It seemed familiar.

"Kiyoomi?"

 My feet moved on its own, walking towards the familiar figure. But I didn't make it in time when I saw him get inside a cab.

Huh? Wait,, what?

Thus, I asked the counter to affirm if that man was really my boyfriend.

"Um.. pardon me from asking but that guy that just left earlier, what room was he in before?"

"Oh he was room 230 ma'am." The worker from the counter replied a little hesitantly. 

But room 230 was me and Kiyoomi's room? Did he.. leave?

To my anxiety, I immediately rushed over to our room. I twisted the door knob to which I found was locked. Luckily, I had a spare key and I was able to open the room. But to my dismay, the room was perfectly clean. The bed looks as if it was untouched, there were no sightings of luggage, and lastly, no presence of Kiyoomi. I went to the bed and my legs collapse due to the heaviness in my heart. 

I cried. No words, just painful drops of tears. 

— end? 

"Y/N." A voice came across the door.

 I looked up to see the person who called me, to see none other than Kiyoomi. I wanted to run into his arms to hug him if he was real. Although I wasn't able to do so because in a flash, Kiyoomi ran to me first and held my body tightly.

"Y/N, why are you crying?" He says as he pats over my head and his other hand pulling me close to his chest.

"I.. you.. I saw you gone. You left me.."

"No. I didn't leave and I never will. I love you too much to do that." He says with a serious yet comforting voice.  

I explained everything I saw that led me to this conclusion.

"The counter told me that room 230 already checked out. And then when I came here, our bags were gone so I assumed you took it back home. And then, *huff*  I.. saw you taking the cab, leaving this place. Leaving me.. I guess my dream of us breaking up was meant to happen after all." 

Instead of receiving a decent response, Kiyoomi kissed me on my lips. All my worries, gone in one sweet kiss.

"First of all our room is 320, not 230. Second, I'm sorry but I was responsible for cleaning the room. It was just too messy so I fixed the bed and I placed our bags in a different location. Third, that guy wasn't me. But I'm happy that you think of me everywhere you go."

"Then all those were just misunderstandings?" I say while wiping off my tears.

"Yes. Why would I ever leave you?" Kiyoomi takes my hand, and kisses them softly. 

I couldn't help but feel guilty that I turned a dream into a reality. I should just focus on what's really in front of me, rather than being pessimistic in this relationship.

"Thank you Kiyoomi." 

"No, Y/N. Thank you for letting me experience love."

Thus, we both headed home together. It wasn't just our bodies that intertwined, but our hearts as well. This trip made me feel like there were no more distances between the love we had.

I'm going to take his hand for marriage someday. 

Kiyoomi's POV

Y/N was soundly asleep on my shoulder and I find it extremely adorable. 

"I wont let this day go to waste." I whispered softly, not loud enough to wake her up.

*Snap!*

I took a picture of her sleeping face and changed it to my new lock screen wallpaper. That way, I could always see her baby face whenever I go.

This girl... I'm going to take her hand for marriage one day.

 Third Person POV

Little do they know that they both thought of the same thing on the same day. That said, while Y/N was sleeping, she didn't have bad dreams of Kiyoomi anymore, because he was there beside her, never letting her go.

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

Did y'all miss author-chan! (˶◡‿◡)

— end of chapter 34