01 : lightning

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

I'm honestly trying out a new writing style so I hope you guys would still enjoy!! (>‿♥)

゚。┈┈

"Hey did you hear? Sakusa stopped playing volleyball."

Rumors spread as fast lightning. Everyone around Itachiyama was already taking about how the infamous ace has decided to quit volleyball, without giving a reasonable explanation.

Not that it mattered to me. I just wanted to live my life in peace, not worrying on how people will talk behind my back.

That's right, I'm your local potato girl who has no life, an introvert, and most of all, just watches anime. In fact, I'm reading a fanfic right now even when I'm walking home. I guess I could say that this is my biggest flex ever. That I could walk while looking at my phone, at the same time not bumping into anyone or anything.

Well that's what I thought.

Still reading this Killua x Reader fanfic (disclaimer: just pure fluff, puppy love crush type story), I got too caught up in the moment, internalizing myself as if I was really the girl in the story. When all of a sudden, something smacked my body, allowing me to fall down on the hard ground.

*THUG!*

"Ow!"

I stood up then pressed my hand on my back to soothe out the pain.

"Watch where you're going." It was a voice of a guy.

He was wearing the same uniform as I, supported with a face mask that was covering half of his face. It made him seem like a stranger in my perspective.

"Disgusting." He bluntly told me as he was spraying alcohol all over himself.

I felt like a nerve popped inside my body. "Excuse me?"

"Don't read if you're just going to give problems to people."

"First of all, I said sorr--"

"Oh you did?"

Crap. I think I didn't.

"I'm sorry..." I immediately apologized as soon as I realized that I haven't said sorry.

"'Sorry' is just a mere word that was invented for a dictionary."

"Huh?"

"Thus, they're meaningless."

I really wanted to get out of this mess already. But I couldn't just walk away from a situation in which I was the one who caused it. I guess I would have to fight fire with fire.

"If you won't accept my 'worded' apology then how will you forgive me? Better yet, how do you forgive a person for something they did not even mean to cause?"

"Actions."

I've spoken a lot and all he said is 'actions?'

"What do you mean?"

"Be my girlfriend."

As I've said, fire with fire. But in this round, he won.

The stranger's words gave me a shock like it was an instant nuclear bomb dropped at the Pearl Harbor. I didn't know if he was joking or not, so I decided not to respond.

"Be my girlfriend L/N."

"H-How did you know my name?" I asked him with chills crawling over my skin. "Plus, I heard you loud and clear so you don't have to repeat it twice."

Suddenly, he puts his fingers on his left ear, removing the mask that was covering his identity.

"I'm Kiyoomi Sakusa. Now that you know me, will you accept my request?"

"What the hell? No. I barely even know you, and I think that this is extremely inappropriate. I'm sorry but I'm leaving. Goodbye." I turned around, walking a few steps away from Sakusa.

"Then I guess I'll have to charge you with my broken laptop."

What?

I looked back to see Sakusa's shattered laptop on the floor, that most likely slid outside his bag.

It probably broke due to my clumsiness.

"How much does it cost?" I asked him, hoping it wasn't that expensive.

"A hundred thousand yen."

'"HUNDRED THOU--??" I yelped as I covered my mouth.

Holy crap that's a lot of money.

"As I was saying L/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

Before I knew it, my dream of having a peaceful life ended as fast as lightning.

"O-Okay."

- end of chapter 1 -