Chapter 55: Awkward

Hyogo Prefectural Qualifiers for Interhigh
Day 1 – First and Second Round

"Go! Go! Let's go! Let's go! Ina High!"

The Inarizaki team enters the court for their first match as their supporters cheer in the background, everyone's excited for Inarizaki's first official match with the new team.

Leading his team to their side of the court, Atsumu smirks to himself as he tries to maintain a cool persona. Suddenly getting an idea, he throws his jacket off to the side in attempts to imitate Kita.

The jacket hits Osamu in the face as the rest of the team halts in their steps, awkwardly staring at the jacket hanging on Osamu's face.

"Pfft-! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Suna and Takahama laugh hysterically, clutching their stomachs as Atsumu instantly blushes in embarrassment.

"S-Shut it!" Atsumu stutters out as he frantically looks around, trying to make sure no one saw that.

"..." Osamu stands still as Atsumu's jacket continues hanging from his face, choosing not to say or do anything as Atsumu quickly gets more and more embarrassed.

"I-It's okay Atsumu-san!" Riseki insists. "No one saw it so it's okay!"

"Pfft- nah, everyone saw that." Suna snickers as Takahama continues laughing hysterically behind him.

Cringing from second hand embarrassment, Y/N facepalms as she grabs the jacket off of Osamu's face and walks over to the bench, the first and second years (minus Takahama) trailing after her, occasionally glancing back at Atsumu in concern.

Coach Kurosu stares at Atsumu, unimpressed while he continues sulking, trying to hide his face from everyone's vision. He's still red from embarrassment.

The entire team just stares at their captain as he sulks to himself, Y/N can't help but sigh tiredly as she facepalms.

"I can't go on like this..." Atsumu mutters to himself as his soul starts to leave his body. "Goodbye..."

"No." Osamu deadpans, jabbing Atsumu in the side who spazzes from the sudden contact and suddenly coming back to life.

"Awogh-! 'Samu!" Atsumu whines as the rest of the team stares at him tiredly, their match hasn't even started yet. "Go on without me! I can't show my face on the court anymore-!"

"Does it really matter how uncool you looked back there?" Y/N asks suddenly as they all flinch and turn to her.

"N-N/N...?" Atsumu asks timidly as he pouts.

"It doesn't matter, does it?" Y/N asks as she approaches him and pats him on the back. "As long as you look cool on the court, it doesn't matter."

FWEET!

Atsumu takes six steps from the end line, concentrating as the Inarizaki band blasts their theme song, hyping up the crowd.

Taking a deep breath, Atsumu shakes his head slightly as he slowly raises his hand into the air, before suddenly clenching his fist and silencing the stadium.

Tossing the ball into the air, Atsumu watches it carefully as he runs up and smashes it onto their opponent's court before they can properly react.

'Service ace.'

"Nice serve! Atsumu! Nice serve! Atsumu!" "ATSUMUUU!!!!"

"Tch." Osamu mutters as he scrunches his face and looks away, not wanting to acknowledge anything. Suna sighs in exasperation as he shakes his head and smiles, it's not like he was expecting anything different as Ginjima turns around to cheer for Atsumu.