Chapter 59: One Step Forward

"Y/N-chan!!" Mrs Miya cries as she flings the door open, pulling Y/N into a warm hug. "Oh how I've missed you! It's so hard dealin' with the twins when my favourite child is away!"

Y/N laughs lightly at her antics. "It's nice seein' ya again too, Miya-san."

"Mama Miya..." Suna whispers from behind her as Y/N instantly stops smiling and turns to him with a dead face.

"Hello to you too, Suna-kun." Mrs Miya laughs as she leads the both of them to the twin's room. "Gin-kun's already here, so they're all waitin' for ya."

"Keep them waiting." Suna whispers under his breath until Y/N elbows him in the side.

"Thanks for havin' us over, Miya-san." Y/N smiles as Mrs Miya grins.

"It's my pleasure!"

"Ah, they're here." Osamu deadpans as they all enter the room.

"Call out to me if ya need anything, I got snacks." Mrs Miya cheerfully exclaims as she leaves, shutting the door behind her while Y/N and Suna move to sit down at the Tatami table. Osamu perks up at the mention of snacks and opens his mouth to call out to his mother. "Not you Osamu!"

Rolling his eyes, Osamu boredly starts picking at his nails as Atsumu smirks.

"Heh, serves ya right. Ya hafta make sure you eat healthy for Interhigh tomorrow anyways."

"Why would I do that when I could ruin it for you instead." Osamu deadpans.

"HAH?!"

Sighing to himself, Ginjima turns to Y/N. "Is it really okay for you to be here with us? Won't yer parents get mad?"

"I'll be fine." Y/N waves him off as she shrugs. "I don't wanna talk about it."

Nodding to himself, Ginjima scrunches his eyebrows as he thinks for a moment. "Well... I'm the oldest out of all of us and I'll be turnin' 18 soon, so I can adopt you if anythin' goes wrong."

"PFFT-!" Y/N snorts and laughs as Ginjima blinks at her in confusion, not intending for the offer to be funny. Grinning at him, Y/N nods along. "I'll hold ya up to that."

Mrs Miya opens the door and enters as she sniffles, holding a tray of sliced fruit and setting it down on the table as she turns to Ginjima, looking touched.

"Oh? Mama Miya's still here?"

"Gin-kun... yer parents raised you well..." She mutters under her breath as she wipes away an imaginary tear and looks over to the twins. "I will do better..."

"What's that s'pose ta mean." Atsumu deadpans as Mrs Miya ignores him and leaves again.

"Don't think too hard Atsumu, you might hurt your head." Suna snickers as Atsumu glares at him and shoves a handful of sliced fruits into his mouth.

"HMPH! Well if ya gonna adopt N/N-chan, make sure to adopt me too so I can get out of here quick, Gin." Atsumu chews loudly as Y/N looks at him in disgust.

"Chew with yer mouth closed." Y/N mutters under her breath as she throws a tissue at his face, causing Ginjima to sweat drop.

"Soz Atsumu, the offer's only for Y/N."

"THIS IS FAVOURTISM!" Atsumu complains loudly, still chewing. "YA CAN'T CHOOSE FAVOURITE KIDS ALREADY, GIN!"

"I SAID I'M NOT GONNA ADOPT YOU! AND STOP TALKIN' WITH FOOD IN YER MOUTH IT'S DISGUSTIN'!"

"Disgarsting shet." Suna says in an attempted accent as everyone ignores him.

Osamu quietly watches the show in interest as he eats some of the sliced fruits too, not bothered by the chaos that surrounds him.