Chapter 11: Tomorrow

As the month of May moves slowly by, the Hyogo Prefectual Interhigh Qualifiers draws nearer, simultaneously feeling too close and too far away. She doesn't want to get ahead of herself, but Y/N's confident that Inarizaki will win. Being a long-time powerhouse, having attended Nationals for three years consecutively, it's what's expected of them. But, she can't let the pride get to her head, it goes against the team's motto anyway.

Sighing under her breath, Y/N glances at her door, still high alert for signs of anyone coming in despite her fatigue. It's exhausting. Constantly arranging practise matches with college's around the area, keeping up with school work, drawing regularly instead of sleeping, she can feel the exhaustion weighing down on her. She just hopes her friends won't worry for her.

Buzz. Buzz.

Rubbing her eyes tiredly, Y/N reaches for her phone despite only putting it down a few seconds ago. She really needs to stop instinctively reaching for her phone every few seconds.

'Yo Y/N-chan! My instincts tell me you're staying up late again (≖_≖ ) So as your senpai, I'm telling you to go to bed right now! I want my Otaku buddy to be healthy for Interhigh \(★ω★)/ sO GO TO BED!'

Smiling softly, Y/N rolls her eyes at his antics, classic Tendou. Knowing he's probably lying in bed reading Shonen Jump, Y/N briefly considers staying up even longer, not that he needs to know. Still, she's touched.

'Alright Tendou-senpai, as long as you go to bed too.'

He replies almost instantly.

'I'll go for you! Take care~!!! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°'

Clutching her heart, Y/N sighs. Her conscience won't let her stay up, not when she's painfully aware of all the people that worry for her. Softly closing her laptop, Y/N tiptoes over to her bed, plopping onto it as she faceplants into her pillow. For now, she can rest.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"Have you been takin' care of yourself, Y/N?" Kita asks as she walks into the gym with Akagi, who quickly greets Kita before heading to the change room.

"...I've been doin' my best." She mumbles sheepishly, discreetly looking around for an escape. No one wants to disappoint Kita, and she'll be damned if she gets one of his disappointment lectures right now.

"Ah, don't worry Kita-san! She went to bed earlier than me last night, so it's all good." Ginjima cuts in, she's almost certain she sees a halo glowing above his head.

"I see, please continue to take care of yourself, Y/N. You are an important member of our team, and we would like you to be healthy."

"R-right." She's honestly so touched she might cry. Being on the receiving end of Kita's caring does that to people.

Ginjima waits until Kita bids them farewell before turning to Y/N with motherly look of disapproval. Guess she's not safe afterall.

"...Just 'coz I saved you doesn't mean I'm okay with you neglectin' your health. You're gonna take care of yourself and you're gonna like it. 'Kay?"

"Why does this sound like a threat..." She mumbles, avoiding his gaze.

"This is a threat. You're gonna take care of yourself, you don't have a choice." Ginjima states, patting her shoulder as he sighs, silently letting her know that he's worried. She doesn't want to worry anyone.

"You can't escape. You're gonna be healthy, you don't have a choice." Osamu says ominously, suddenly appearing behind them before heading to a court to stretch.